US Open 2009

• 2 weeks later...
Well Serena is definitely arrogant and ungracious to say the least....

It is just nice to see Clijsters again and competing at a high level as well. I think Clijsters was well on her way to winning that match anyhow. It is a shame Serena's antics are taking away from what is an outstanding run by Clijsters. The final should be good.

It is just nice to see Clijsters again and competing at a high level as well. I think Clijsters was well on her way to winning that match anyhow. It is a shame Serena's antics are taking away from what is an outstanding run by Clijsters. The final should be good.

+1

I never really liked Serena, I think Venus is the better player out of the 2

Tirade by Williams.

This is a tennis player? I hope she gets suspended from the games and not just "suffer" the $10,500 fine she got slapped with. Disgraceful and utterly shameful behaviour.

Boo. I was hoping for Nadal and Federer final. Will be cheering on Wozniacki tonight!

As for Serena, a great player on the court, but should be suspended (as would occur in any other sport) for that behavior. Tennis is supposed to be a dignified sport.

Actually Federer didn't play his best tennis but apparently he didn't need to. Not sure what the hell happened with Nadal though, i guess he has not fully recovered yet. I expected Del Potro to win in 5 sets or something but 6-2 6-2 6-2 was a harsh one

Federer for the 16th? :D

Oh btw, Kim Clijsters FTW

Boo. I was hoping for Nadal and Federer final. Will be cheering on Wozniacki tonight!

As for Serena, a great player on the court, but should be suspended (as would occur in any other sport) for that behavior. Tennis is supposed to be a dignified sport.

Nah, no double standards. McEnroe said far worse, repeatable, years ago. I am not a Serena fan by any stretch nor a fan of that type of sportsmanship but they can't very well suspend her for something they have allowed from the men in the past.

Grats to Kim Clijsters, a wonderful story and performance.

I sort of saw the Nadal result coming because of the way JMDP demolish Nadal in their prior 2 meetings in 2009. Nadal's play is only power and less variety of shots. If people can overpower his shots and extreme topspin (like JMDP did), or Tsonga in the Aussie Open 2008 semifinal or Monfils this year in Doha (Monfils ran out of gas at the US Open), or Soderling at the French Open (though Nadal was also exhausted and injured at that occasion), Nadal can't do much against his opponent. If the opponent covers the court well, even better. Hopefully this'll encourage other players to beat him (getting rid of the mental block). Plus with this physical style of play, he's unlikely to last even 5 more years in peak form. On clay, Nadal has definitely a much better game and the ball slower enough for him to return it..it'll be very interesting to see how he fares at the 2010 French Open.