Windows 2k3 server service error

Everytime I start my computer, I get a error message : One or more system services failed to start, check your event log.

So I checked it, but I don't understand all whats inside, so I can't solve the problem.

Does anyone here have the time to check the log out and tell me the problem please :rolleyes:

Thx

Here is the log file :

*zipped - .txt and .evt

2k3error.rar

2k3error.rar

2k3error.rar

Ok, I'll give it a shot... It looks to me like your network config is all screwed up.

1> This error --> The server could not bind to the transport \Device\NwlnkIpx because another computer on the network has the same name. The server could not start. <-- Is either related to IPX being installed (which I doubt you need unless you're also running Netware) OR you have two machines with the same name on the network... Without seeing more I can't really tell.

2> This error > The DHCP allocator has disabled itself on IP address 192.168.1.1, since the IP address is outside the 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 scope from which addresses are being allocated to DHCP clients. To enable the DHCP allocator on this IP address, please change the scope to include the IP address, or change the IP address to fall within the scope. <-- Sounds to me like you're trying to run DHCP and it's not configured properly. You either have another DHCP server running on the network or you've configured yourself a static IP in the wrong scope. How many machines do you have on this network? Once, again without being able to see more, I can't tell you everything.

3> Something strange I noticed in the log is that it is refering to 2 different machines in the same log file AMD & AMDSERVER. Did you rename the thing?

4> What is this R6 Probe thingy that you're trying to run?

It's tough to tell you exactally whats wrong by only seeing the system log file... Focus on your network config something in there is screwy...

Well here it goes :

1> I don't have IPX installed.

2> My server isn't running anything, the only serverrole it has is 'Printer server'. And I have 2 machines on my network. Mine , the server (windows 2003 standard) 192.168.0.1 and the client (windows xp pro) 192.168.0.2

The client has this settings manual : gateway 192.168.0.1, dns server 192.168.0.1 all the rest is default settings.

3>I read the logfile too and I noticed what you said at 1> '2 machines with the same name' so just too be sure I changed the name of the server.

4>I don't have a clue what that is, as I said before my server is only 'Printer Server', I really don't know what R6 Probe is.

Network settings server :

-Client for microsoft networks

-File and printer sharing for microsoft networks

-Internet protocol (TCP/IP)

TCP/IP settings :

IP Address manually configured 192.168.0.1

Subnet mask 255.255.255.0

DNS server left blank

LMHOSTS Lookup disabled

NetBIOS disabled

Network settings client :

All the same as the server.

Exepct for the ip, dns server and gateway.

Those are all set to 192.168.0.1

My NIC's are 2 Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC cards.

100mbit Full Duplex.

I hope you know enough now, there really isn't anything strange about my network setting I know of.

2> My server isn't running anything, the only serverrole it has is 'Printer server'. And I have 2 machines on my network. Mine , the server (windows 2003 standard) 192.168.0.1 and the client (windows xp pro) 192.168.0.2

The client has this settings manual : gateway 192.168.0.1, dns server 192.168.0.1 all the rest is default settings.

wouldn't you need to have the server running DNS in order for it to act as a DNS server for the client? :blink:

You say you have 2 network cards. Are these both plugged into the same hub/switch? The server has probably found itself and that's why you appear to have 2 machines with the same name. Try unplugging one of them.

Not really, if there is no DNS server, the Internet DNS seems to come through...

but he would still need to set the xp machine to use a secondary dns server, the one from the ISP. the client needs a list of DNS servers, if his server isn't repsonding to DNS requests, then where's it getting DNS info from?

I also get this error message, my network card is temporarly disabled and i have an internal adsl card.

I don't want to activate al services in "automatic" to see wich one doesn't start :-/

• 2 weeks later...

I also have this error. And I have another symptom to add: my net speed is not like it used to be. I installed Mandrake Linux 9.1 and lmule and the upload speed was constant (therefore not ISP fault). This is not happening in Windows Server 2003.

My network config is similar to the one arnaudnl has. I have my cable connection directly connected to a Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC (latest drivers) and I share my connection with an onbard Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller (ASUS A7V8X and latest drivers also).

I'm going mad with this problem as I cannot find the reason for it...

Thank You

Look at the event viewer @ adminstrative tools, there u can see what causes the error. I had a ipx problem, so I uninstalled ipx because I didn't use it.

And the other thing that got me into trouble was RadClocker, the r6probe service is from radclocker. So I uninstalled it and cleaned the registry.

Now I don't have any errors anymore.

Thank you for the quick reply.

But, I checked both connection properties and I didn't find any kind of IPX installed. Only Client for MS Networks and TCP/IP. And I don't even know what RadClocker is and r6probe isn't on the log.

My event log is here: http://pwp.netcabo.pt/m0rbidini/event.zip

I would appreciate that someone could take a look at it.

Thank you again.