Microsoft Office 2010 install problems

When i try to install Microsoft Office 2010 v.14.4417 then i get this error message:

---------------------------

Setup Errors

Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error(s):

Microsoft Office 2010 does not support upgrading from a prerelease version of Microsoft Office 2010. You must first uninstall any prerelease versions of Microsoft Office 2010 products and associated technologies.

Correct the issue(s) listed above and re-run setup.

OK

I HAVE uninstalled the previous build, removed everything about office etc.

Now, I don't really know about what I'm going to do.

Please help me! :)

- Markus j

You can also try and use the Microsoft uninstall utility http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/

if you left anything behind (like an update) it should see it.

***Warning, the utility sees a number of MS files that you wont see in the normal uninstaller, so be careful what you uninstall.....make sure you know exactly what it is.....since it will let you uninstall key windows files as well.....

there is also this post concerning manually removing all of office 2007 and this and 2010 are pretty much the same, so you can use this to manually check and see if you missed something as well

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/

No its just simple

To uninstall Office 2010 14.0.4302.1000 if you have an uninstall error message:

"This product installation has been corrupted".

The Problem is a missing file in the installation folder of office 2010. Office 2010 has an Setup Controller directory and uses the directory to check the installed components. please check the directory

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\Office Setup Controller\Groove.en-us\".

if you have no "Setup.xml" file there please copy the file from the

"Groove.en-us" directory of the source or installer files to this directory

then test the uninstallation again.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks TechGuyPA

I had already copied over the setup.xml file from the Groove folder and this had worked on all the previous machines but on one even after build 4302 said it had successfully uninstalled I could still not install build 4417 and received the same error about having to remove previous versions. I had already tried reinstalling and removing again and deleting folders and registry entries.

The Microsoft uninstall cleanup utility showed an entry for Office 2010 Mondo still and I was able to remove that and get build 4417 installed.

Thanks for the help.

Robin

Thanks TechGuyPA

I had already copied over the setup.xml file from the Groove folder and this had worked on all the previous machines but on one even after build 4302 said it had successfully uninstalled I could still not install build 4417 and received the same error about having to remove previous versions. I had already tried reinstalling and removing again and deleting folders and registry entries.

The Microsoft uninstall cleanup utility showed an entry for Office 2010 Mondo still and I was able to remove that and get build 4417 installed.

Thanks for the help.

Robin

What's the point, you can't activate it anyways.