Looking for the best PC/non-PC 5.1 speakers (for use with PC) for

I decided to post here as the majority of speaker recommendations I'd be given in the Hardware Hangout forum will be from PC-specific companies such as Logitech and Creative and by posting in the Home Theatre Discussion forum, it will open things a bit more.

Are the Logitech Z5500 speakers my best bet for 5.1 speakers for use with a PC with a ?230 budget?

Yep, the z5500 is an awesome set, with very good features considering what it costs. 6 simultaneous inputs alongwith hardware Dolby Digital, DTS and Dolby ProLogic II decoding.

Just 1 thing, the fuse tends to blow rather quickly if you switch on and off from the mains, so get a few 2a slow blow fuses, or keep it on at mains, and just use the power button on the control unit.

Oh, and it is within your budget at little less than ?200 (depends where you buy it from)!

I also have a pair of Logitech's Z-5500 speakers, and they are awesome. I paid about $260 at the time online, Best Buy charges about $400 for them, go figure. I'm not sure what the conversion rate of currency is, but yeah, lol.

I also have a pair of Logitech's Z-5500 speakers, and they are awesome. I paid about $260 at the time online, Best Buy charges about $400 for them, go figure. I'm not sure what the conversion rate of currency is, but yeah, lol.

It's been years (2004) since the Z-5500 are out, and it's the first time I see a product with a price increase over time!!! They now sell for $100 more that I paid 3 years ago...

They are the BEST speaker I ever had for my PC. Plenty loud to annoy the neighbors.