DVD Software

Question

4 answers to this question

the only hardware decoder than worked for me was the Creative PC-DVD Inlay card (CT-7160) but there aren't any drivers for it under 2k/XP. Someone coded some drivers but they run like crap and not all movies work with them and without digital 5.1 speakers i can't get 5.1 output. I also have a real magic card (for sale.. anyone want anyone of them then PM me!!) and it works pefectly but i like software decoding better since the better interface and better saturation and audio (i think) These cards are someone outdated now and were intro duced to the 233mhz crowed and now with my 1.2ghz; i'm way ahead in processing speed so i don't need them really.. all i need is a video card with TV out and i'm all set! :)

I really suggest WinDVD 3.0 DTS though. I just got Pearl Harbor (17.99 at circuit city!) and it sounds soo damn good in DTS audio mode. :) PowerDVD can do that too but it's not as good as the audio in WinDVD and i'm an audio enthusiast, hence the reason for 5.1 speakers :) WinDVD sounds much better and i'm using a SB Live 5.1 card so both WinDVD and PowerDVD has FULL support for the card. With PowerDVD the channels "leak" into each other. There is a "THX optimiser" on the disc so when i start it the sound (which is supposed to be in the left channel ONLY) is kinda in the middle one as well and when it goes to the middle it's kinda in the right and left one as well and so on. With WinDVD, whichever speaker was playing on the screen that's the ONLY speaker that made any sound. So clear audio and clear video and i'm in heaven!