I have 8 Partitions!!! :) How many do you have?

Heh, I got :

C: (Operating System and utilities plus personal files) (8GB)

D: (Games, installed ones) (12GB)

E: (Appz,Gamez .. ya know, warez? ;)) (60GB)

F: (Videoz .. to store all farscapes, stargates, moviez etc) (80GB)

I: (Anime only! And 2gb free only here :(.) (120GB)

So I have 3 HDDs, 2x 80gb maxtors and 1x 120gb maxtors. I am planning to fetch another 120gb to make another anime hdd .. Cant get enought anime ^_^

That's retarded...how does that help? I'd rather keep my partitions large, so if I decide one day that I want to dump some MP3s and install a few large apps, I don't have to repartition.

I have three harddisks at work, one of them partitioned into a swap drive and 18GB of space. All of them are mounted in various parts of my filesystem, such as C:Swapfile for the swapdrive, a whole 20GB disk mounted to my documents (which contains my music and othe rlarge directories), the other 18GB of the one disk mounted to program files, and the other one for everything else. It's much easier than having 23 different drive letters. I even mounted my floppy drive to Documents and SettingAll UsersDesktopFloppy so I don't have an A: drive.

Originally posted by SLOSifl

That's retarded...how does that help? I'd rather keep my partitions large, so if I decide one day that I want to dump some MP3s and install a few large apps, I don't have to repartition.

I assume you are talking to me... Well, I have just ONE harddrive 60GBs, so far it's suffient!!!

Maybe 1/2 year later, I would get my Hard Drive full, and I need Another HardDrive of 100GB or bigger.

Resizing won't be a problem, if you have the Partition Magic tool, it's great. It does it without affecting your files at all.

I just like to Organize it on Different Drive letters, instead of Folders.

Like I said, Defragmentation is easier to DO.

I NO longer have to defrag every file just because some files screwed it up.

I know what I am doing... It's Faster than EVER!!!

Defragment Analysis shows 0% Fragment on most Partitions!!!

Another reason why the Partition is useful!

Scan for Viruses... since a virus Can't be attached to Media files, pics, movies, you only have to scan drives with executable files.

:)

I have over 10 network drives :D and 3 partitions on my laptop

8BG c: Windows 2000 Prof

2GB Linux ext2

120MB Linux swap

and network drives for projects, programs, backup, etc (located on my other comp).

Markass, why should you put yourself in such position? Ofcourse some but not many have that advantage. If those that don't believe your computer spec, then don't need to so defensive about it. But let me say you have a superb gadget that is not for home use. Looks like you want to turn your home computers to a cray computer or something... but dang... that is one heck of a computer you got... 4gig of RAM and expandable to 64 max... and your mother board is capable of accepting 32 CPUs? Hmmm.... some people... :)

Well I have 8 partitions. OS, Programs, Games, MP3, Movies1, Other Multimedia, Backup, Downloads. Thinking of adding one or two more. Gotta keep stuff organized and efficient

foo

I got 3 Drives..

3 Maxtor 100GB's.. :D

4 Partitions

C - Windows - 10 GB

D - Games - 90GB

E - MP3's - 100GB

F - ISO's.. :D - 100GB

Hard Disks: /Total/Free: 100.14/43.72GB ? Total/Free space on: C: 17.89GB/7.85GB ? D: 24.2GB/2.23GB ? E: 17.89GB/9.41GB ? F: 17.89GB/9.25GB ? G: 17.87GB/10.6GB ? H: 4.39GB/4.39GB

And the point of having that many partitions = ? I can't understand why people bother having more than one partition per drive (unless they have different operating systems).

well... as many partitions as some ppl are showing off is just plain stupid =P

my first 6gb of my smallest disk are system. the rest is a download/games/temp disk... well, u c from my post what i mean.

and then i have a ftp-server too which i keep on my 80gb-disk, also shown in my post.

that's what i think is "sane" ;)

i read thru all the posts and i still cant figure out what the point of breaking up an already small hard drive...into more itty bitty pieces. like common, why the heck have a 5 gb hd into 1.7 gb pieces? if i broke my 110 gb hard drives into aprox same amount as the creator of this thread i would have 15+ hard drives. you people are nuts. keep it simple

i have

c: 21.5 GB

d: 21.5 GB

e: 18.5 GB

f: 21.5 GB

h: 21.5 GB

:right: