Quinton "Rampage" Jackson: "I'm done fighting"

I'm done fighting..

The UFC has done a lot for me but I think I have done more for them. The UFC bought WFA to get my contract & they saved my life, so I felt loyal to them. They pushed me into a fight with Chuck Liddel even when I clearly stated I wasn't ready to fight for the belt because the American fans didn't know me but I took the fight and didn't complain & after I won the American fans booed me for the first time which changed the way I saw them & it hurt me deeply.

Then before I can even get out of the cage they announced that I was fighting Dan Henderson without even asking me. After I beat Dan Henderson, I made history in becoming the first undisputed champion in MMA but was never even given the pride belt in the cage & I was never promoted as the undisputed champ. Later Anderson Silva was.

Then they had me coach TUF season 7 and fight Forrest and the fight was very controversial & normally when a fight is that close & controversial there is normally an instant replay. I can name a couple of instances. Instead they offered me the Vanderlei Silva fight which I gladly accepted even though I know it was a very risky fight for me to take because of all the drama that was happening to me at the time. I fought that fight with a jaw injury and then a couple weeks later Dana called me and asked me to fight Rashad. For the first time I said no, I didn't want to fight because it was such short notice & I wouldn't have had a long break between camp. Dana talked me into fighting Rashad anyway but Rashad refused the fight and so I had to fight Jardine as a favor to the UFC instead of getting my belt back (which wasn't even worth it to me financially).

Then I reinjured my jaw in the fight with Vanderlei & Jardine. Frank Mir gets hurt so they wanted to switch my fight from UFC 100 to the fight Frank couldn't make it to but I couldn't fight cause I needed jaw surgury. So they give Machida the fight against Rashad & they told me they want me to coach TUF season 10 against Rashad. That's why I wanted Rashad to win so bad but when Rashad got knocked out I told them I wanted to fight Machida for the belt but Dana told me if I coach TUF against Rashad that I could fight Machida afterwards cause this was a different type of ultimate fighter show they were doing. After I signed the contract Dana then changes his mind & says I have to fight Rashad & even told me what to say in the press & so my fans think I was scared to fight Machida. After all that I still never complained & I did it all.

Then this movie role came about that I have been trying to get for over a year & as soon as I found out I was close to getting it, I called Dana right away & asked to push the Memphis fight back just a month or so. I told him what this movie role meant to me. I told him that I used to bond with my father watching the tv show as a kid when my parents where still married & it represents the memories I had with my father when we lived together. My dad became an alcohalic & addicted to drugs & we grew apart. But after my dad got his life back together, I was so proud of my dad & I told him I would always take care of him in the future & make him proud of me. My dad & I are still very big fans of the show & I am basically doing this for the childhood memories I had spending time in front of the tv with my dad. Dana went on the internet & mocked me because of that & I still did nothing. Dana & I finally talked & we made up & then after that he went back on the internet & said some bull**** & he was talking bad about the movie when information is not even supposed to be released & talking about payments which is not even true could really hurt my future acting career, which could very well last longer than my fighting career. I'm not like Randy Couture. My body has been getting so many different injuries that I wont be able to fight until my forties & neither do I want to fight that long. So I feel like my second career could be in jeopardy.. so I'm done fighting. I've been getting negative reviews from the dumb ass fans that don't pay my bills or put my kids though college. So I'm hanging it up. I'm gonna miss all my loyal fans but hopefully they'll follow me to my new career & I will gain more loyal fans along the way. & all you hater fans out there can kiss my big black hairy ass! & anybody that don't like what I just said can come try to kick my ass!

I still feel the UFC is a great organization and I felt like I was very loyal to them but they didn't respect my loyalty but I wish the UFC the best. I did a lot of things for them. I wish no bad blood between us but I have kids & a family back in Memphis to provide for & thats all that matters to me!

I really hope him and Dana work things out, i really want to see him fight again.

SOURCE

First he ******* out of the Rashad fight for the TUF thing.. now he backs out of fighting all together....

I'm pretty sure the first post answers WHY he did it. Try reading it?

I feel for the guy, if that's true then my views on Dana have changed :/

well i'm sure the series is already filmed, but who knows. I think Dana will be quick to pull some damage control on this one to make sure Rampage comes back.

Yeah I would suppose its filmed just what about the fight :( I wanted to see Rampage shut Rashad up!

everyone is quick to jump on the I Hate Dana train, but you have to look at it from both sides.

Yes, i understand why a fighter would like to look for alternate employment, they aren't gonna be a fighter forever and it doesn't pay as much as a big blockbuster movie role.

At the same token, let's be realistic, rampage is not gonna be an "actor" after this role, he's still gonna be a fighter.

Also, I can totally see why Dana would feel backstabbed, because he set up this fight in Memphis for Rampage, it's not easy to just say Ok we'll come back to memphis some other time, it made sense to have Rampage in memphis, and he turned away from it because of a childhood memory. Also, remember that Dana was the only person taking Rampage's side during the whole "hit and run" incident, he obviously had a close connection to Rampage and I can completely understand how he would be upset that now when he needs rampage, he's being rejected so that rampage can pursue something he's not.

The MMA world got a massive jolt earlier when Quinton ?Rampage? Jackson announced on his website that he is to retire from professional MMA. Now Dana White has came out and spoke about the shock departure.

In an interview on the Carmichael Dave Radio Show, Dana speaks about ?Rampage?s? decision to retire from MMA to focus on his acting career.

?I?ve just found out myself. Listen, ?Rampage? first and foremost has been a friend of ours and we really like ?Rampage? and I?m not gonna get into the battle of who?s done who for what and all that stuff. You know, we?ve done a lot for him and he?s got in there and fought. The guys come in here their fighters, that?s what they do, their fighters. We give them fights and they fight, they make money and we make money. That?s the way it works, but believe me, if you think this is the first time I?ve dealt with people who think they want to become actors and think they are going to make millions and millions of dollars off making movies and acting and because I got so ****ed off about him pulling out of the fight with Rashad, I?m speaking my mind. He thinks I?m trying to ruin his movie career, it?s crazy.?

?Listen, I have nothing bad to say about ?Rampage?, he?s a grown man. If he decides he want to walk away from guaranteed, good money right now, money he?ll never have the opportunity to make for the rest of his life, because he wants to go make movies, he?s a grown man, he can do whatever he wants to do. I?ve talked to ?Rampage? as a friend and tried to talk him out of making a bad decision and he doesn?t think it is. He thinks he?s gonna have a movie career, but there?s been so many fighters over the years that thought they were gonna have movie careers.?

?I didn?t, after he and I made up, those stories were hitting. I didn?t say anything bad about him doing the movie other than that I thought it was a bad idea, because I do think it?s a bad idea. And that?s not true about Rashad, I offered him the Rashad fight and yes I talked him into the Rashad fight the first time then I tried to get Rashad and Rashad turned the fight down and that was when we made the Keith Jardine fight.?

?And I mean that?s what I do, I call these guys and offer them fights. ?Rampage? Jackson told me he wasn?t interested in the belt, the belt caused him too many problems. It wasn?t like he was going after Machida because he wanted to belt, he didn?t want the belt. He said the belt brought too many problems into his life, he just wants to fight and make money and feed his family, is exactly what he told me.?

?Anybody with half a brain and some common sense ? ?Rampage? does The Ultimate Fighter, a season that turns out phenomenal. All he?s been telling me since he got into the UFC is that he wants to fight in Memphis in front of his home town. We make the fight in Memphis, then he pulls out of the fight, and is going to do a movie instead because it has so much sentimental value to him. Come on man. He?s a fighter that?s what he does for a living. And now I?m going through all this crap again where I got another fighter going ?You know what, this isn?t what I want to do with the rest of my life. I want to make movies, I want to be a movie star, this is my second career,? like I haven?t see this one before.?

?We?ve got no problems, we?re in the fight business, we make fights that?s what we do. There?s always guys that are injured, guys that have conflicting dates. Things that are going to pop up, movie roles. I say this every day, every interview I ever do. I?ve been saying this for years. Every morning when I get out of bed, there?s one thing that I?m guaranteed, that something?s going to happen today. It happens every day, and my job is to deal with it. ?Rampage? is a grown man, he?s acting like a baby right now, but he?s a grown man.?

?He wants to be in the movie business, ?Rampage?, good luck to you man. I hope you make it big, and I?m not being sarcastic. Because ?Rampage? Jackson is a guy that I actually do like, and ?Rampage? Jackson is a guy that I know doesn?t always make the best decisions. And I hope the movie thing works out for him, if that?s really what he truly wants to do, and that?s what he feels and that?s what he thinks his career is, I wish him all the luck in the world. I do like ?Rampage?, I have no ill will towards him what so ever.?

It is upsetting to think that we may not get to see such a successful and likable character as Quinton ?Rampage? Jackson fight in the UFC again. Good luck ?Rampage? in all that you do in the future.

This made it sound like illegal, underground, bare knuckle boxing:

The guys come in here their fighters, thats what they do, their fighters. We give them fights and they fight, they make money and we make money. Thats the way it works...

• 2 weeks later...