Official Cricket Thread

Great for England that we managed to record such an awesome win against NZ, and knock them out in the process. Rare moment to savour in our otherwise reasonably poor recent ODI run

Great for England that we managed to record such an awesome win against NZ, and knock them out in the process. Rare moment to savour in our otherwise reasonably poor recent ODI run

England lost to NZ. Unless i'm missing some sarcasm by you.

Anyway this tournament has been pretty good in terms of being unpredictable seeing as 3 of the most favoured sides (India, Sri Lanka and South Africa) are out. Although some of the matches have been decided by the toss.

Semi finals tomorrow and Saturday while the final is on Monday. Seems like a strange day to put a final of a big tournament on.

:|

England vs Pakistan on Friday.

England will take it.

Oh, and some people I know were saying that Pakistan threw the match against Australia on purpose to see India go out. :ermm:

:laugh: Well i know a few people saying that.

And it's England vs Australia today. Despite the recent 6-1 loss i think England have a good chance. Might depend on the toss.

England lost to NZ. Unless i'm missing some sarcasm by you.

Anyway this tournament has been pretty good in terms of being unpredictable seeing as 3 of the most favoured sides (India, Sri Lanka and South Africa) are out. Although some of the matches have been decided by the toss.

Semi finals tomorrow and Saturday while the final is on Monday. Seems like a strange day to put a final of a big tournament on.

I meant SA sorry, the result against NZ similarly poor. I hope now that the Aussies go on to batter Pakistan.

England got whipped today as usual. Friggin pathetic.

I see Pakistan beating New Zealand, and then go onto play Australia in the finals. We'll see what happens on Monday.

EDIT: Frank, are you watching the same tournament? Pakistan already played Australia and they lost by two wickets.

England got whipped today as usual. Friggin pathetic.

I see Pakistan beating New Zealand, and then go onto play Australia in the finals. We'll see what happens on Monday.

EDIT: Frank, are you watching the same tournament? Pakistan already played Australia and they lost by two wickets.

I meant in the final, if Pakistan get there. If NZ get there, I hope they beat the Aussies.

Pakistan is going to play New Zealand on a seaming Wanderers pitch according to initial reports and that is bad news for both teams in general and pakistani team in particular. Pakistan are not known for their batsmen performing on seaming wickets. If Pakistan wins the toss they will go for the fielding option rather than batting. They have a good seam attack and hopefully will play the controversial Asif in the match. No matter what he does off the field he is a good bowler able to exploit movement off of the pitch.

If New Zealand wins the toss they will also field first, their seam attack might not be as good as pakistani attack but pakistani batting is going to look hopeless on the green pitch.

In summary, I think that whoever wins the toss will elect to field and will most certainly win the match unless someone plays the knock of his career for the side which loses the toss.

Just my two cents

Pak loses to NZ because of the wrong decisions by Simon Taufel!

Looks like Allah wasn't on their side today :(

Didn't see any of those matches, but I hope NZ take the match

Australia took it! Very good ending, props to White for letting Watson finish it off. Really was a class ending.

Yeah I agree. The whole match I wanted Watson to be clean bowled but as he got closer to his ton I really wanted him to get it. Good 2 weeks though which produced a few upsets.

My money was on a fully fit NZ team.

Yep, well done to the Australians! (Also to the NZ side for making the final!) We were a massive disappointment again! (SA) Perhaps next time!

Not sure if anyone is keeping an eye on the Champions League. If you're in England i think the matches are on Eurosport.

First match: Cape Cobras (184/5 19.4 overs) beat Royal Challengers Bangalore (180/4)

Edited by red.

• 4 weeks later...