New Mobile Gaming forum

[Thread Moved from Personal Media to Mobile Gaming]

On a personal level, Id like to disagree with this new forum. I dont see the point. Handheld gaming forum already exists.

We previously did not have a handheld gaming forum. There is personal media but that is located under Hardware Hangout. We have a Nintendo forum to discuss the DS/DSi and we have a Sony forum to discuss the PSP but we haven't had a handheld gaming forum outside of that. That is what this forum is for.

Might I suggest changing the description, perhaps shortening it a bit? It looks terrible when you have all these short descriptions and then a huge bulky one underneath Mobile Gaming, kinda breaks the flow a bit.

Might I suggest changing the description, perhaps shortening it a bit? It looks terrible when you have all these short descriptions and then a huge bulky one underneath Mobile Gaming, kinda breaks the flow a bit.

How is that?

The original text was more verbose:

Dedicated portable gaming console threads (DS/PSP) should be posted under Nintendo or Sony Console forums (respectively).

Much better, personally I would opt for removing the entire bottom line "Keep posting DS/DSi and PSP threads in their regular sections." but again, I could see the confusion with handheld devices and the other sections ... A sticky thread and then just slowly getting members accustomed to the new section, so they will post in the appropriate area.

Both are fine by me honestly, I just like to nitpick :laugh:

Totally off topic, but woo hoo about a new section!

You are all welcome. :laugh: ;)

In all seriousness all I did was bring it up that some members wanted it, it was everyone else who voted Yes for it, left great suggestions, Etc., that made this happen, was a true community effort. :yes:

Definitely loving this new section. I think it's going to get pretty big pretty soon :p I personally think the description should just be

iPhone, iPod Touch, Android, Zune and others, excluding Nintendo and Sony PSP handhelds.

I think this section is just for games.

Correct :)

All threads regarding games for these devices should be posted here (of course you all know that does not include DS or PSP threads though ;)).

All threads relating to personal media fit perfectly in the PDA, Tablet & Mobile Devices ? Personal Media> sub-forum.

Any thread about any other issue/factor of any mobile device should be posted in the mainPDA, Tablet & Mobile Devices> forum.

All technology news is better suited in theBack Page News> forum, rather than the specific forum relating to that specific topic, as it is news:))

i think it's the excitement of a new subforum...

anyway, i had to log in to see this section, is this forum supposed to be hidden from guests while it's being finalised or something?