how bad/good is your wiring job inside the computer?

I guess it's getting there thanks to the new case, still nothing spectacular.

getting there ?? it looks like you havent done anything to the wiring - look @ darconf's

I guess with all the negativity Im spewing I have to post something of mine --

shockz - Im sorry man, I wont say anything -- Im just in one of my elitist/asshat moods -

Mine is not near as good as a couple of these

Edited by TEX4S

I guess with all the negativity Im spewing I have to post something of mine --

shockz - Im sorry man, I wont say anything -- Im just in one of my elitist/asshat moods -

:) You do an excellent job of dishing it out -- now you have to back all that talk up with a post of your own PC.

the prize for having something about as ghetto as one can have -- yep - want your trophy -- I'll go out to the back yard and follow my dog around for it

Seriously - there is no reason for having something like that inside one's house - it doesnt matter that its a piece of flea-market junk -- that looks like you need a haz-mat suit just to use it

Did you notice that the sata cable of one of the upright hd's is actually glued in? Was an new 500gb WD drive i bought for $5 because the sata connector was broken off.?

Cost me next to nothing, stays cool, and hey best of all: it works?:laugh:h:

phenom 9950, 8gb, 6 hd giving 2.5 tb wei 6.9

you might be a redneck if... you use drier ducting on your computer.. read 3 pages back......

its not that bad..... its unique... (you sneek) up on it,,, alolz

and dont let someones opinion for a clean computer (texas) to keep you from posting

Guess i win the prize:

thats not good on those hard drives high speeds and they can start to wobble just being held in by string.... and they can scrape the heads..

/computer man sales pitch

Ha, I was just joking. :p

But yes, mine is a mess. Never see it enough to get the motivation to make it look organized.

you might be a redneck if... you use drier ducting on your computer.. read 3 pages back......

its not that bad..... its unique... (you sneek) up on it,,, alolz

and dont let someones opinion for a clean computer (texas) to keep you from posting

thats not good on those hard drives high speeds and they can start to wobble just being held in by string.... and they can scrape the heads..

/computer man sales pitch

The fan is in the kitchen. At first i'd hooked up a 2kW vacuumcleaner motor with the exhaust, but my wife give me some for the noise in the kitchen and i figured burning 2000w to cool a 140w CPU was a bit overdoing it.

So now it has a ?714m3/hr extractor fan with a triac.

it's 200 pound tensile strength polyester wire, they don't move much?:rofl:l:

mines pretty poor. non modular psu cable wasn't long enough for my case so had to DIY extend the cables to plug it in and same goes for rest really all standard cables are too short to manage them really so looks like a mess through and through

mines pretty poor. non modular psu cable wasn't long enough for my case so had to DIY extend the cables to plug it in and same goes for rest really all standard cables are too short to manage them really so looks like a mess through and through

same here. Red isolation tape all over the place. I also didn't have enough powerconnectors so i branched in a wiretree from a defunct computer. I also soldered a wire to the motherboard poweron pins and put a cantilever microswitch on my desktop. Easier to wake up/sleep just flick the switch.

You know there are facilities for mounting hard drives and fans inside a cabinet, petrossa. It just takes a few screws.

It has a bay for 4, but if i do that they heat up too much. So i have 2 in the hdbay, 2 next to the dvddrive and two upright with a small fan pushing air through the bays. Mounted like that they hover around 40? C, whilst before i'd the overheat protection shutting down my drives.

It's nice in the winter, because the hot air expelled by the bathroom fan from the case warms my feet.:pp

Anyone ever heard of using pantyhose over your cpu's fan vents to keep dust out? I heard it once years ago but nobody is talking about it, wondering if anyone has done/recommends this...

although its nothing compared to powerade's mess.

What do ya'lls rooms look like ?

Same just with clothes.

Your point? I simply dont care about how the wiring is inside as long as the temps are great (which they are)

Anyone ever heard of using pantyhose over your cpu's fan vents to keep dust out? I heard it once years ago but nobody is talking about it, wondering if anyone has done/recommends this...

It reduces airflow by about 40%, not a good idea?

Well, why not. There's little reason to waste money on overpriced crap.

First, I don't see that many generic PSUs in this thread. I see mostly Antec, Corsair, FSP (which produces some respectable brands as well as some rubbish) and OCZ. Mostly pretty good stuff, only one or two true generics. Of my 3 machines, I have two Antec Earth Watts and one Corsair on my gaming rig.

Second, I'd hardly call a good PSU a waste of money, and a smart investment long term. At the very least cheap PSUs are less efficient and waste more energy. And at most a cheap PSU can greatly shorten lifespan of your hardware, or die unexpectedly and leave you without a PC at the worst possible time.

About half-way through this thread, I stopped looking at the systems themselves, as far as wiring goes, and started looking at the area in and around the systems themselves...

Some of you guys live in some nasty-ass conditions. :x

About half-way through this thread, I stopped looking at the systems themselves, as far as wiring goes, and started looking at the area in and around the systems themselves...

Some of you guys live in some nasty-ass conditions. :x

Ah, you are an interior decorator? Is it true what they say about interior decorators??:laugh::

I'm amazed at how many people use generic PSUs :|

I saw that too Frazell

Well, why not. There's little reason to waste money on overpriced crap.

Congratulations - you not only commited the biggest n00b mistake in system building

If I wasnt on 100% warning - I'd say what I really thought - so I guess your eyes and ears and ego are going to get away this time.

I guess Im just an idiot since I have more than 1 PC P&C, right ?

I am using my 750W Silencer until my 910 Silencer gets here - I paid an extra $60 to have it custom-wired. As you can see PC P&C come with A LOT of cables. I didnt want to show the other panel where everything is hidden because its hard to put back on with the sound-deadening material on the panel.

I sold my 1KW to someone -- GOOD RIDDANCE man that thing was so loud

this was taken w/ my iPhone -- sorry for the crappiness

Edited by TEX4S