send to folder in xp ?

Was the "send to folder" option not part of the Power Toys collection that Microsoft released back in days of Windows 95, like the tweakui option that resides in the control panel and allows you to "tweak" a whole load of options...

I found the PowerToys page on Microsoft, http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloa...Set/Default.asp

NOTE: This download is not intended for use on computers running Microsoft? Windows? 98, or on computers running Microsoft? Windows? 95 OSR 1 or earlier versions.

So i wonder if there is a version for NT4/2k/XP available?

After a little searching I came across this...

http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/

Scroll down the page and listed there are the NT versions of the PowerToys. :smart:

[updated] I have checked on XP/2k and the following work as indicated :)

Command Prompt Here 1.1 (8k)

Start a command prompt in the folder of your choice with the click of a button. Works on XP/2k

Desktop Menu (25k)

Open items on your desktop from a convenient menu on the Taskbar. Works on XP/2k

Explore From Here (6k)

Open the explorer from where you are on the network or on your own computer's file system. Works on XP/2k

Find X 1.2 (15k)

Adds drag-and-drop capabilities to your Find menu. (unable to verify as there is now no find menu to speak of!)

Send to X 1.2 (23k)

An updated version of Send To Any Folder. Works on XP/2k

Tweak UI 1.33 (110k)

With the Tweak UI 1.1 update you can adjust your Windows user interface by customizing your menu speed, window animation, and Internet Explorer. Works on XP/2k

Shortcut Target Menu 1.2 (19k)

With the Shortcut Target Menu you can find out the properties for the file to which a shortcut is pointing. Works on XP/2k

Looks like they are the standard Windows95 PowerToys, and I have checked that they now work as indicated under XP/2k, apart for Find X!