• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

[POLL] Laptop keyboards with numpad is a feature or not?

Laptop keyboards with numpad is a feature or not?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

xtrabit racing    28

Now i am using HP dv6000 and very happy with its keyboard. I am looking for a new HP laptop, but all of them have numpad on their keyboard. Arrow keys are small, keyboard not centered because of numpad keys, etc.

What do you think?

xtrabit racing    28

up! this is new

+jamesyfx    362

Most laptops have numpads. Either a physical one, or one which is enabled by holding the Fn key and using the right side of the keyboard.

Some don't though. Like mine. :p

pyehac    0

I bought my gaming laptop because it had a right numpad. Then again, I have a seperate numpad I got for my previous laptop, so I can use that on any laptop.

revvo    21

uh, my laptop has the numpad with the function key enabled, but I rarely use it anyway..

xtrabit racing    28
Most laptops have numpads. Either a physical one, or one which is enabled by holding the Fn key and using the right side of the keyboard.

Some don't though. Like mine. :p

i mean laptops with separate numpad keys, not enabled via Fn ones...

HawkMan    5,232

All 16:9 15+ inch laptops have them now, some 16:10 15 inchs. and from 16 and up all laptops pretty much have them today.

and yes they're a feature. Also my toshiba (though it's a fairly big 17 inch) has decent sized arrow keys. don't know why you care about the arrow keys though, there's pretty much nothing you use arrow keys for anymore. unless you're one of the three people in the world who still insists on playing with arrow keys instead of WASD.

xtrabit racing    28
All 16:9 15+ inch laptops have them now, some 16:10 15 inchs. and from 16 and up all laptops pretty much have them today.

and yes they're a feature. Also my toshiba (though it's a fairly big 17 inch) has decent sized arrow keys. don't know why you care about the arrow keys though, there's pretty much nothing you use arrow keys for anymore. unless you're one of the three people in the world who still insists on playing with arrow keys instead of WASD.

playing games is important, i have logi. chillstream but in word, excel and other programs accesing arrow keys are very important for me. yes, numpad is sth plus but usually compresses the keyboard and arrow keys. in 17", its ok...

The_Wizard    0

I prefer having keyboards with the numpad, without is just annoying if you're using it regularly.

what    326

I prefer laptops without the keyboard. I prefer having the keyboard centred, and I accept that not having the numpad is part of the compromise to improve portability.

DigitalE    10

I don't ever use the numpad, so I prefer keyboards that don't have one.

Slackerr    215

As for me - I don't like laptops more than 13" and I don't see any need in numpad