How high do you guys shave?

I've always shaved basically the area where you want facial hair...and I've had little baby hairs on my cheeks. Only noticable close up in the mirror. I tried waxing them and that was a mistake. So now I'm thinking of just bringing the blade up there.

But, if I shave higher, won't that mean by stubble line etc will be higher too? Who wants a 5'o clock shadow 1 inch from there eyes? Lol

What do you guys do?

mattinglysideburns.jpg

Let's bust the myth right away: Shaving does not make hair grow faster. I thought I got screwed when I shaved a bit higher than my cheeks, but nope, it's the same.

Personally i only shave just above my upper lip in a curved line up to my side burns, i do know people who shave very high up but you shouldn't really get anything noticeable above the normal stubble line even if you do shave quite high.

I have a beard line which is shaped by threading. It stops stubble where it shouldnt be, and it keeps the beard and the cheeks seperate. I do wax once a month to remove all the tiny hairs and thread. No problems either way, just real smooth cheeks and a defined beard line.

I swear I just read a topic about this just a few weeks ago. Whats the big deal? If you see hair there then shave it. Your not going to magically become an ape man because you shaved a few small hairs sticking out close to your eyes.

lol no offense, but waxing your cheeks is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I didn't even know that people even questioned shaving hair above a certain point on there face.

Look if I see a hair sticking out of my forhead I would shave it with no questions. I do not have a 5 oclock shadow right below my eyes or on my forhead!

Just shave your face where ever you see hair and don't worry about it.

But by all means, don't put shaving cream all the way up to your eyes. Just take the razor up to the few hairs you see up there and lightly trim them off.

You have nothing to worry about....Unless you accidentally slip and cut your eyeball or something :p

maybe they should create a subforum;

-> Human Body Support

--> Body hair

--> Body fluids

--> Anatomy

--> User tutorials

;)

oh we're talking about the face.

I have patches of dark hair just below my eyes. its a wee bit embarrassing and i used veet to remove it a few times but its quite a sensitive area and the skin got burnt a bit. I've shaved it and it isn't so bad growing back.

Although i wouldn't mind trying threading if i knew how.

I've also got hairy gap between eyebrow and head hairline which i'd like to reduce

PICTURES guys, PICTURES!!! can't do WITHOUT PICTURES!!!

lol...just kidding, i'm not gay or anything... :p

anyway, i stopped using the blade 3 years ago and just use the electric razor to leave a stubble, easier for me.

the next question should be, how many of you have have hair that grows on your neck, just right above adam's apple or beneath it? haha.. :p

I use two blades, a match3 for my head and a normal one for some facial hair

+1

I have to shave my head every day (male pattern baldness is a b!tch) but I tend to let my beard grow for a week then use a beard trimmer to take it right back down. Sad thing is i'm a pasty little fella so if I didn't keep the 5'o clock shadow i'd look like a cue ball! :D

• 2 weeks later...
So its not true that shaving your cheeks will mean you'll have a 5 o'clock shadow up there?

No, its not true.

I read the topic and thought it was about how high you are when you shave! :p