Atheros AR5007UG

I create topic just for guide to other people who have problems finding good: AR5007UG drivers.

There are 2 existing in Windows 7 with versions 2.0.0.127 and 2.0.2.12 but they are buggy and make my Win 7 (Retail 32-bit Home Premium) BSOD crashing sometimes once a day.

The fix is to install newer drivers but they are not to be found ANYWHERE! Am serious, it took ages to find them - I was looking for them since February when I installed Beta Windows 7.

The newest drivers are: 2.2.0.27

And I found them very stable (BSOD have not occured yet) and faster/range (of WiFi) better than mentioned above.

Where to find them. The only way is application DriverMax (which is Win 7 compatibile). It allows you downloading 2 drivers a day so it is enough. DriverMax manage to gather these drivers.

The software is not a malware etc. (was mentioned on neowin.net news as well)

Hope someone who have this problem will not have to struggle thanks to this post.

Cheers.

Worth to mention:

Atheros is producer of AR5007UG chip. Atheros drivers will work with this chip but mind that your computer provider my number versions differently (I have seen some 6.x.x.x) and those could be modified for additional features. Check your computer provider website for latest drivers, if they are not working or are buggy then you can try to install generic ones from Atheros.

I have an Atheros based wifi card from many years ago. I found some oem Atheros drivers on Station Drivers website. Sites not in English but can navigate around it fairly easily. Latest version listed there is 8.0.0.238 which I am running without a problem. Might give it a shot.