Anyone use this site - mycleanpc.com ?

Seen this on TV today....and the site looks legit....with all the reviews by well known tech sites.

I was wondering what makes this site so special as opposed to using say...Kaspersky online scanner?

I don't need to clean my pc of anything, but just wondering if it's a real or just a gimmick.

www.mycleanpc.com

Edited by Colin-uk

Well the wording on the front page is bad enough. A slow PC can be caused by almost anything

i had a feeling they were a gimmick....

but how can scams like these be advertised on public TV without the FCC saying something...you would've thought they do a background check to see these companies are not just taking consumers for a ride...like those "make money are home tv scams"

And I doubt USA today, Cnet & Computer World is aware of their review/recommendation info on the site...lol

Any newspaper or magazine can pump a product without really knowing what it will do.

I get it from my mates so much "XYZ Magazine said it was so good!!!" *looking at their pc infected with spyware* :no:

i had a feeling they were a gimmick....

but how can scams like these be advertised on public TV without the FCC saying something...you would've thought they do a background check to see these companies are not just taking consumers for a ride...like those "make money are home tv scams"

And I doubt USA today, Cnet & Computer World is aware of their review/recommendation info on the site...lol

because the FCC probably doesn't know about it's existence or the television commercial yet ;)

Reminds me of this one also seen on TV....lol .....just doesn't look right one bit...

www.myfasterpc.com

they are pretty much as bad as the fake antivirus software out there...like Antivirus 2008/2009 or antivirus xp.

Edited by Colin-uk

it's full of adware. this thing appears on facebook's survey's. download and install it for free yoville/farmville cash. i installed it of course just for 240 cash points. uninstalling it was a pain in the bleep. ya don't use that garbage. i already e-mailed the FCC about it. doubt they care though.

• 6 months later...

Seen this on TV today....and the site looks legit....with all the reviews by well known tech sites.

I was wondering what makes this site so special as opposed to using say...Kaspersky online scanner?

I don't need to clean my pc of anything, but just wondering if it's a real or just a gimmick.

www.mycleanpc.com

I'm sure by all the replies that you already found out that both CleanMyPC.com and DoubleMySpeed.com that are both owned by and promote CyberDefender products are worthless. For a full review and some information about how to check out how your security software ranks with independent 3rd party certification companies, visit:

Dale Powell (aka the SpywarePreventionGuy)

http://spywarepreventionguy.com/mycleanpc-review/

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

That website looks like a scam in itself yapcash, can we make some rule so members have to have so many posts (like 100) before being able to post links?