Apple Magic Mouse

I'm sorry to rebump such an old thread, but I thought it would be useful to offer my own opinion of this mouse, which I've got a month ago. Actually you can enable many more gestures by using third-party software (such BetterTouchTool, which is free of charge), and this makes the mouse itself much more valuable. The real issue here is a matter of ergonomic approach: if you spend 6+ hours in front of a monitor, you'll find your wrist aching.

• 3 weeks later...

I think whether you find the ergonomics of the mouse an issue depends on what you're used to. If you're coming from a PC desktop with a regular / gaming mouse, you will probably find the mouse difficult to use. However if you're used to laptops and trackpads, the mouse is pretty good. Basically, it doesn't allow you to rest your hand on it, so prolonged use (e.g. for gaming) can be painful, but if you're used to resting your hand on the keyboard and moving the pointer only when you have to, it's pretty comfortable even if you're at the computer for hours. And the way you scroll is more similar to a trackpad as opposed to a traditional scroll wheel.