England vs SA Cricket

Im from NI but as our Cricket team are not able to play test matches I support England. My question is how do you guys think England will do in th up coming series against SA? I thought they would really struggle until the Ashes preformance which granted wasnt great and the ausies were crap but then I saw there ICC ODI performance against them and things were looking up.

As ever they could go over and play a blinder and win the series or they could go over and get beat 5-0 lol. I think broad bowling and strauss batting will be key. Also Swan will play a vital role as SA dont have a great spin bowler as far as i can see.

If SA doesnt wipe the floor with eng, id be pretty disappointed.... Aus arent doing great i was surprised england had just won...since last year they are in transition mode with 2/3 of the chamionship team retiring but england are too hot n cold.

Even though Australia were able to beat SA in SA, i don't see England being able to. Their batsmen are much better than England's. The pace bowling seems even or maybe slightly in SA's favour. The only area where England seem superior is spin bowling. Paul Harris just looks rubbish.

It all depends on how our bowlers do, they where a bit hit and miss in the ashes. Brilliant in the 2 tests we won, and awful in the others. Personally I think it will be a tough ask, if we can get out of the series with a draw that would be an achievement, but I personally see a defeat being most likely. A win would require our batting order to pick up its consistency a bit.

Yeah its been the batting that has let us down in the summer. I dont like pointing the finger too much but Ravi seemed to really lose it for someone who has come across with so much confidence. That was one of his best features in my opinion. I think Broad when playing in england is better than stains but I know this will not be the view of most. I just think his height plays a big part. I see a draw being a very good result as well.

Bopara was poor, and deserved to be dropped. Broad's a great bowler, he just lacked a little consistency in the Ashes, if he bowls at a more consistent level he will take a fair few wickets.

Or Bumble. Does anyone read his twitter? I actually think he is the funniest man ever. He commentary is so funny as well when he goes on perv watch with the camera man. Legend!

Or Bumble. Does anyone read his twitter? I actually think he is the funniest man ever. He commentary is so funny as well when he goes on perv watch with the camera man. Legend!

"Start the car" :D

Gotta agree, the guy`s superb....

He's great. I remember on one of the Twenty20 matches as couple of years ago he was perving over some girls. It was pretty awkward viewing but still hilarious. :laugh:

England and Wales cricket team have come off a very hard season.

However, I hope our squad is fresh enough and South Africa won't stand a chance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...