[Official] Assassin's Creed 2

Well I got the first AC just before Christmas (after a friend recommended the series) and have been giving it a go the last few days. I've completed the Damascus assassination and it is already starting to feel very repetitive and well... boring (rare that I say that of a game - last one was Civilization Revolution). The fighting is a case of hitting square repeatedly, and running/jumping/escaping seems to consist of holding R1 and X like there are no other buttons on the controller. The travelling between the assassin's home and Damascus/Jerusalem/Acre has become very tedious (is there a point to it?) after just my second trip to the point where I've just charged through at full gallop completely ignoring the many soldiers chasing after me.

Are AC2/Brotherhood more of the same or are there major improvements? Or am I missing something? Because at the moment I really don't get what my friend's hype of the series was about.

Sorry to sound so negative but I've heard so many good comments about this series that I'm left feeling a bit baffled at the moment.

in ac1 i think you need to uncover all the 7 watchtowers to get insta-travel, cuz those horse travels are indeed boring.

AC2 is indeed a major improvement! As for brotherhood..dunno not yet released for pc :(

Just watched the review of AC2/Brotherhood on Gametrailers. Sounds like they have improved the right areas so I've just bought AC2. Thanks (Y)

• 4 months later...

AC2 is basically the ultimate in game sequels. It improves on everything that was good from the first game and removes anything that was bad, or makes it good. And well over 20 hours of gameplay. Great stuff!

But I have one problem.

I've done everything, and I mean EVERYTHING (checked DNA, documents, villa %, etc) but I'm stuck on 97.18%.

In the Secret Locations DNA there are 4 which I cannot access, I read this is because they are exclusive content if you bought from some shop or something? Do they count to the 100% completion? If so, that's my only issue with the game.

Any other ideas?

EDIT: I grabbed the DLC and finished it! 100% sync woohoo