News: GBA SP Sales Pass 1 Million In US

Nintendo announced today that over 1.1 million units of the new Game Boy Advance SP have been sold in the United States since it launched just under 10 weeks ago. For all you math majors out there that means more than 10 SPs have been sold every minute since launch.

"In our industry, any product selling more than one million units is a certified mega-hit," said Peter MacDougall, executive vice president, sales and marketing at Nintendo of America. "For Game Boy Advance SP to outsell each of the home console systems is testament to the expanding popularity of gaming on the go."

Because of the strong SP sales Nintendo will be releasing the system in two new colors on September 8th. The new colors, Flame (red) and Onyx (black), will join the current colors of Platinum (silver) and Cobalt (dark blue).

Source: n-philes.com

post-79-1055190093.jpg

post-79-1055190093.jpg

still usure if I want a SP, with the orinal GBA prices at ?40 over here...

so some advice if u please ppl

the orginal GBA for ?40

OR

The GBASP for ?89??

u can have my old GBA for ?35.

Perfect Condition, Box, instructions, and gamester charger/battery pack

email: carlson-online@freeola.net

SP easily. Looks nicer, not unplayable in anything other then perfect lighting conditions, just plain out better :cool:

It is worth it, it is so much easier to carry around, the screen shouldnt get scratched unless you are extremely careless and it is just that damn sexy. So go for the SP

You know that feeling you get when you see a really beautiful lady (if you're a man...of course)?

When I saw the red one, that's how I felt :wub: :blush:

You know that feeling you get when you see a really beautiful lady (if you're a man...of course)?

When I saw the red one, that's how I felt :wub: :blush:

:unsure:

uh... dude, sure it's funky, but come now...

I'll just stick with my platinum SP which matches my Cube. I wonder how the sales have been here in Canada.

i had a black one for about 2 months now big deal? oh well it matchs my gamecube :) and those colors don't come out until sep or something. for you people that went to e3 they showed about 15-20 colors. i want the bright yellow :). im me on :von: to see the other colors.

for you people that went to e3 they showed about 15-20 colors. i want the bright yellow :).

DSC01908.jpg

I still like the Flame-flavor the best :p

Damn, that onyx one looks nice. Saved me 20 bucks because I was going to buy it from Lik-Sang because I though they would never release. It's about time. :yes: