Carlos Tevez Considers Retirement

Manchester City and Argentina striker Carlos Tevez has admitted that he is considering retirement because of fatigue.

Ahead of Saturday's friendly with Spain, the 25-year-old has fallen behind the likes of Gonzalo Higuain in national boss Diego Maradona's plans after stuttering in World Cup qualifying.

Tevez confesses that, despite his young age, he thinks about hanging up his boots for club and country in order to rest and spend time with his family.

He said: "It's complicated, there's my family, the desire to return to Boca Juniors, but I think about it. It crosses my mind to hang up my boots if we win the World Cup, although I have a contract (with City) until 2014.

"I'm a bit tired of so much football. I want to enjoy my family a bit. I'm very keen to stop and get a bit of calm. I've already won a lot. Living for football has saturated me."

Regarding his place in Argentina's first team, he said: "My chance passed. I had my possibility and I couldn't take advantage of it. When the team needed goals I couldn't provide them.

"So it's logical that other lads should be in front of me."

Tevez has also hit back at critics of Argentina after it was suggested that members of the squad do not give 100 per cent at international level.

He said: "We were criticised a lot, sometimes rightly so, but to have people say we didn't play well because of the money or we don't love the (Argentina) shirt, don't sing

Source

Too much time spent counting his money has tired him out?

He's probably one of the poorer "big stars" because he's owned by a company. A lot of players get 10% of their transfers fees but that figure goes to his company instead.

Is he still "owned" even after Manchester City brought him outright? I thought that was what all the hassle about him not sticking with Manchester United was about.

Is he still "owned" even after Manchester City brought him outright? I thought that was what all the hassle about him not sticking with Manchester United was about.

Yeah City bought him outright for around ?25m

True, that was his plan. And since he is not good with Argentina he may think about retirement. He is a very good player, but when was the last time he did something good?

Translation:

Waah Waah i'm a pu**y and I can't take it any more.

Any pro getting into the modern game should know that it is a tough old slog, to expect anything else is short sighted and stupid.

I understand him being away from his family and all.. but guess what normal ppl do to remedy this? They take a vacation.. Can't he see them during off season? There is something else going on.. Robinho is also considering Barca..

My guess? Thats what playing for Man City would do to you.. you just can't stand it after a while ;)

I understand him being away from his family and all.. but guess what normal ppl do to remedy this? They take a vacation.. Can't he see them during off season? There is something else going on.. Robinho is also considering Barca..

My guess? Thats what playing for Man City would do to you.. you just can't stand it after a while ;)

not long till Adabayor leaves then? :rofl: