Bugatti Veyron in a Lake

i don't know if this has been posted yet but ...... %%^&$$

Did you guys see this????

from Top Gear website

It is Friday the 13th. It is damp (well, it is if you?re in the UK). It?s still over a month until you can look forward to getting embarrassingly drunk at the office Christmas party.

But cheer up: at least your day is going better than this gent?s day.

This gent drives a Bugatti Veyron. Or drove a Bugatti Veyron, rather. Along Interstate 45 in Texas, to be precise, when he was distracted by a low-flying pelican (excuses, excuses), which caused him to veer off the road? and into a lagoon.

A salt-water lagoon. Lovely corrosive water, sloshing through all the expensive mechanical bits of your million-quid, 1000bhp hypercar. Gutted.

The anonymous driver ? well, wouldn?t you want to stay anonymous if you?d just binned your Veyron into a lake? ? escaped unhurt, which is more than we can say for the poor Bugatti?

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/bugatti...sunk-2009-11-13

It sucks =/ Costs $10M to produce, sold at $2M and this dude wrecks one. Poor car :/

We need more car lovers like Jay Leno and Conan O'Brian who collect and work on their cars and love their Ford SHO :p

Costs 10M to produce and sells for 2M? Really? Source?

Why would they make a loss selling them :s

Because VW made them as a technical challenge to themselves and to show the world it's possible, he is right, they are selling them at a loss - been on Top Gear several times.

It sucks =/ Costs $10M to produce, sold at $2M and this dude wrecks one. Poor car :/

We need more car lovers like Jay Leno and Conan O'Brian who collect and work on their cars and love their Ford SHO :p

Only if they actually drive them. I hate people that get cars and park them and never drive them.

Costs 10M to produce and sells for 2M? Really? Source?

Why would they make a loss selling them :s

uh, go do your own research bud.

uh, go do your own research bud.
No thanks "bud". I'd prefer someone to just cough up the answer, as it's not really something i'm that interested in finding more about.

If it was a BMW on the other hand... :D

Now i'm informed - thanks Sethos for the information, much appreciated. (Y)

Such a waste of a beautiful car :( just because you can afford to buy such a car, doesn't automatically mean you have the skills to handle it...this is case and point of that fact.

He's not anonymous... this actually happened near where I live :D

His name is Andy House; his business, get this, is quite ironic - he owns a shop that specializes in restoring wrecked exotics.

Because VW made them as a technical challenge to themselves and to show the world it's possible, he is right, they are selling them at a loss - been on Top Gear several times.

good job VW, I am sure those guys with 1500HP supra's showed what you want some years ago and apparently didn't waste millions.

For me the veyron is overrated, but well not so overrated as to see it in the water.

Good job dumb! Give him a normal VW now.

good job VW, I am sure those guys with 1500HP supra's showed what you want some years ago and apparently didn't waste millions.

You only think it comes down to the horsepowers? Then you are badly mistaken.

[offtopic]

No, but that's what they are trying to show.

What they have there is a 8.0L quad turbo car - which seems like overkill (the quad turbo actually)

Only thing that excites me about the veyron is it's brakes and braking system, which is state of the art indeed.

Other than that, I would get an Enzo or an F1.

My point is that Bugatti cares more to show they broke the 1000HP barrier than pure performance - lap times of the veyron prove that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_FXX_Evoluzione

This yes! This is a great achievement. Close to Bugatti from a smaller, NA engine.

Probably not road-legal though.

edit : and let's not hate Toyota, they were the ones in F1 not Bugatti or VW.

[/offtopic]

Edited by gianpan