Zone Alarm Pro v3.7.159

I emailed Zone Labs last week asking them about Zone Alarm Pro and its compatibility with Windows 2003 Server. They finally replied and here's their answer for those of you who still believe that it is compatible with Windows 2003. As you will clearly read. It is NOT compatible with Win2003. If you installed it, it may seem to be working fine, but it is not. I hope this finally clears any doubts or questions about the issue. Read on.

Hello Zone Labs customer,

Your case has been updated as follows: Changed Description, Title, or Field, Changed status to Closed, Appended a description

If a representative has responded to your case, it will be located in the Description field below.

If not, then the case is still in process, and we will respond as quickly as we can.

You may need to scroll down in your e-mail program to view the response.

To contact Technical Support again regarding this issue, simply reply to this email and type your message at the top.

Be sure to leave the subject line unchanged.

----------------------------------------------------

YOUR CASE DETAILS

Case Number: 105704

Case Assigned to: Zone Labs Technical Support

Case Subject: Windows 2003 Compatibility

Case Status: Closed

Case Creation Date: 06/07/2003

DESCRIPTION

Hello,

Server are not supported at this time. Any changes to that will be

announced on our website.

Thanks,

Mike

PROBLEM WITH WEB FORM

If you experience any problems using Zone Labs Technical Support web form, please send email directly to support@zonelabs.com

NOTE: Priority One Support: Licensed (paid) users of ZoneAlarm Plus or ZoneAlarm Pro receive the highest priority in our support queue.

Trial users of Zone Alarm Pro/Plus receive the same level of service during their 30-day free trial period.

You should receive a reply to your issue via email within 3-4 working days (excluding weekends) under normal circumstances.

Thank You,

Zone Labs Technical Support Team

I tested Zone Alarm 3.7.159 and WIN2K3 with several firewall tests and It's working fine. I've had Windows Server 2003 beta and now the trial version for some time now with Zone Alarm 3.7.159.

In all the testing I've done(since March 2003), I have no choice but to say that Zone Alarm 3.7.159 IS COMPATIBLE with Win2K3.

Before blasting away saying that it's not...do some testing man...I've been doing it for over 3 months, so I know what I am talking about.

I don't have to do any testing "man" because if the makers of Zone Alarm (ZoneLabs) tell you that the product IS NOT compatible than IT IS NOT compatible. By saying it is not compatible they are not telling you that it won't run on Windows 2003, they are simply telling you that it is not going to run, perform, or protect the OS like it's supposed to. Easy CD Creator 5 installed just fine in Windows XP and burned CDs fine but it could not copy CDs well or do other things. Why? Because it was not compatible so they had to release several patches to fix the flaw and make it compatible with XP 100%. Zone Alarm may seem to be running fine, but it is not. It is broken and not performing at 100%. You want to keep using? Fine, Suit yourself. Don't say I didn't warn you when something fu**@# up on your system.

Man you are hard headed...i've tested may software titles under WIN2K3 and Zone Alarm 3.7.159 works at 100% capacity. Stop bull****ing about stuff you don't even know/tested. :angry:

OK Mr. Know-It-All. Like I said, suit yourself. Until it is official that it is compatible, I am not even going to even think about installing it. You are just a kid. I am not going to argue with u.

OK Mr. Know-It-All. Like I said, suit yourself. Until it is official that it is compatible, I am not even going to even think about installing it. You are just a kid. I am not going to argue with u.

:laugh: :jump: :bounce: :omg:

First of all, if the zone alarm guys say it's not compatible, then let it be.

But if someone else's says it's working fine for them, , so be it. He could have done something to make it working 100 % efficiency un win 2k3.

Why get so worked up ? The truth will reveal when users test it for themselves. Arguing makes you look like a kid, Scorbing.

i think they say its not compat more from lack of testing then lack of functionality

least thats how alot of companys to it

like alot of games say they will not run under windows 2000 but i installed and ran them no problem

i dont like zonealarm hence i dont use it

First of all, if the zone alarm guys say it's not compatible, then let it be.

But if someone else's says it's working fine for them, , so be it. He could have done something to make it working 100 % efficiency un win 2k3.

Why get so worked up ? The truth will reveal when users test it for themselves. Arguing makes you look like a kid, Scorbing.

Who's arguing? I am not arguing dude. Dell Dude is the one that got all hyped up about it. All I did was post a reply from an email I got from ZoneLabs and he made a big issue of it.

Who's arguing? I am not arguing dude. Dell Dude is the one that got all hyped up about it. All I did was post a reply from an email I got from ZoneLabs and he made a big issue of it.

Let it go will ya... :no: :hmmm: :/ :omg:

OK I have found some information. I had to dig like crazy on their site but I found it. Zone Alarm 3.7.159 IS COMPATIBLE with Windows Server 2003. I guess the Zone Labs representative that replied to my email is unaware of it but here it is. Go to the link and see for yourselves.

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/info...aseHistory.html

My apologies to Dell Dude. I didn't know man. Sorry.

Well the issue is set. Dell Dude was right. Zone Alarm IS compatible with 2003 so let's install that baby! - I am going to do so now! ;)

Good Day!

Servers are Meant to be behind CISCO Firewallls!

Not some rinky dink ZoneAlarm.

lol all you people should be using Windows XP Professional. :p

This gets my vote :)

This gets my vote :)

Doesn't get my vote because of CISCO :)