Writing TI-BASIC on Computer...

Question

hi, lately i've been making some basic programs on my TI-84 plus for my probability class. i find it very difficult to program on the calc itself, so are there any programs out there for windows that can let me write and compile ti-basic programs? (.8xp or whatever the file extension is). also, can i use Microsoft Visual basic, as it's already installed? thanks!

5 answers to this question

^-- Above is right just use TI-Connect to move files on/off the calculator...

Get your hands on the ' TI-SmartView Emulator Software for the TI-84 Plus Family ', it runs the calculator on your computar, lets you type in the calculator with your keyboard, and you can even make files with notepad and transfer them to the virtual calc or get files off of the virtual calculator.

TI-BASIC is an interpreted language for calculators with lots of built-in math functions and not much else. Calculator games like

are actually written in assembly.

Visual Basic is a general-purpose programming language running on top of the .NET framework, similar to C#. If you're interested in programming in general I encourage you to switch a more powerful language like VB as soon as possible.

For the record, I started with TI-BASIC too. :)

TI-BASIC is an interpreted language for calculators with lots of built-in math functions and not much else. Calculator games like
are actually written in assembly.

Visual Basic is a general-purpose programming language running on top of the .NET framework, similar to C#. If you're interested in programming in general I encourage you to switch a more powerful language like VB as soon as possible.

For the record, I started with TI-BASIC too. :)

well i'm not really that interested in any programming language, i just wanted a faster way to make programs for the calculator. anything i make just does some simple algebra that would otherwise take twice as long. i am taking a C++ class, though