Sony Ericsson PC Suite - Won't install?

As far as I'm aware, you can manage perfectly well without any of the terrible Sony Ericsson applications, unless you use the synchronisation tools, but I'm fairly sure you can use Windows built-in features for that.

Other than that and backup, I'm not sure why you would use it - I have a W595, and once I discovered that you could just copy and paste everything to it, I removed the programs straight away.

As far as I'm aware, you can manage perfectly well without any of the terrible Sony Ericsson applications, unless you use the synchronisation tools, but I'm fairly sure you can use Windows built-in features for that.

Other than that and backup, I'm not sure why you would use it - I have a W595, and once I discovered that you could just copy and paste everything to it, I removed the programs straight away.

My W910 wasn't recognised and won't charge until I installed the suite.

I agree with the sentiment, though. If I could live without it, I would.

What happens exactly, do you get any error messages? Maybe you have an older version that does not support Win7?

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/so...lc=en&cc=us

Sony Ericsson PC Suite 6.009.00 supports Win7 (don't worry about the phone model number, it may still work with yours)

I tried this but Windows 7 didn't find the mobile because of the phone model number, I have w810i, not w880i...

This is the latest version for w810i and it doesn't work. =/

Sony Ericsson PC Suite 2.10.46 (for Windows Vista/XP)

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/so...n&cc=global

I only wan't Windows 7 to recognized the phone so I can use the software MyPhoneExplorer to sync everything!

Does anyone have another suggestion?

My W910 wasn't recognised and won't charge until I installed the suite.

I agree with the sentiment, though. If I could live without it, I would.

Ah fair enough. It must just be the latest models which work with no drivers.