Average User Reviews Windows 7

I thought it was a legit review from some review website!

Its not reviews, its a review, from your wife, on a VM, on a Linux machine.

Ohhhh I see... so only tech websites are allowed to have opinions on products these days, and not the average people who the product is really targeted at? I think I've just about heard it all now...

how can installing windows 7 in a vm even lead to a fair review? This is BS

VMware (Workstation + Fusion) now support Aero Glass.

I agree, though... To do a fair review of Windows 7, it should be on native, reasonably modern hardware.

Ohhhh I see... so only tech websites are allowed to have opinions on products these days, and not the average people who the product is really targeted at? I think I've just about heard it all now...

One thing to remember, though, is the average person using Windows 7 will not be using it from a virtual machine installed in Linux. The average person using Win7 will be doing so on a native install on likely new hardware they bought recently, since most people get Windows from their OEM, not retail.

- Dont like where the minimise desktop button is, hate having to drag my mouse to the bottom right.

Putting the icon in the lower right corner is actually a very good idea because it takes advantage of Fitts' Law. That is, icons in an extreme corner could be described as having infinite width, and it's far easier to hit icons in the corner than in, say, the center or some other location.

Anyway, though... Just press Win+Space. It does the same thing as is much quicker.

I like Windows 7 a lot here... I just have it in a VM at the moment though. I hope to do the full upgrade at some point in the near future. I agree though that you can't really review Windows 7 (Or any operating system for that matter) in a VM... It just isn't a clear representation of what the OS can be. I realize that when I'm playing around with it in my VM, but it serves my purpose for now...

Quilllz, have to agree. Running Vista and Windows 7 in Fusion 3 and it supports Aero on both. The WEI numbers are very good. Haven't set up Win 7 as of yet in Boot Camp, however, Vista runs very good.

If you want to have her test it properly set your Linux Box up as a dual boot then have her test it again. This time down load the Beta version of Office 2010 so she can test the machine with a proper word processor. Also load a free photo enhancer such as Faststone so she can test working with photos and pictures.

This is not a fair test running out of a VM, giver here the chance to do it right. :D

• 2 weeks later...