Review: Logitech MX Air

4138486283_163b8ff753_o.jpg

Manufacturer: Logitech

Model: 931633

Price at Review: USD $149.99 CAD $199.99

Logitech MX Air

Editors Rating: 5/5

When I first picked up this mouse, and held it in my hand I was like “wow”. This mouse, feels and looks amazing. Logitech is starting to get into the gyroscopic mouse market with this new, MX AIR. The MX Air is a rechargeable cordless mouse that can be used on a desk, or even, by being held in the air, and controlling the mouse movements. I consider this, absolutely amazing. Of course, this isn’t necessarily a cheap mouse, but if you want a high quality mouse, I do suggest this mouse. The MX Air adds media features, such as volume control, and playback. The scroll is amazing on this mouse, as its touch sensitive scroll is like most Logitech mice, features “hyper-scroll”. A lot of people say the MX Air isn’t for everyone, as it is gyroscopic. Yes, it might not be the most comfortable mouse for gaming, as it doesn’t have a grip like Logitech’s G9x has (which I will be reviewing soon), but with its high DPI setting, up to a max of 800 DPI, this mouse is precise. This mouse has a range of about 30 ft. It is also compatible with Windows 7.

This mouse, since it’s gyroscopic, is good for people who suffer from pain of using the mouse every day. As you don’t necessarily have to have it all the time on your desk, you actually can lift the mouse up in the air, hence “MX Air”, and control the cursor that way, it relieves pain, since no matter how you turn your mouse, and it will still work. The MX Air is a good change from the standard 2D mouse, which is common in most households.

The MX Air has a rechargeable battery and cradle, which is sleek and stylish, and even comes with a shining cloth. It comes with a very small USB RF key, which is also very stylish, which just plugs in any USB port on the computer, or in my case, the back of my Logitech G19 keyboard. The battery holds a very long charge, at 90% charge; it says it has an apparent 4 days of battery. Battery life isn’t an issue on this mouse, as you can dock the mouse when not in use, and it will charge “quickly.”

More reviews, and this one on my website, http://www.jonathanyaniv.com

I am considering doing a video review on this product, as well as the other products, so keep a close eye on my website for Video Reviews, cause they are going to be sweet!

Edited by Jonathan G Yaniv