Mayweather vs Pacquiao is off!

Not sure where I stand on this one. Is Mayweather been canny, knowing that pacquiao uses?, or is pacquiao bottling it becauses he uses?
A day after Mayweather's camp threatened to scuttle the fight unless the boxers were subject to random blood tests, Arum said his fighter would agree to just three blood tests. One would be done in January during the week the fight is formally announced, a second would be done no later than 30 days before the fight, and a final test would be done in the locker-room afterward.

Arum accused Mayweather of trying to play mind games with Pacquiao, saying that the Filipino sensation has never failed urine tests for performance-enhancing substances.

"They want to put it in Manny's head that they can come in any time and take blood," Arum said. "Manny believes taking blood will weaken him. This is absolutely outrageous. Who does Floyd Mayweather think he is, the commissioner of boxing?"

Mayweather doesn't want to lose to Pacman because if does no one will want to watch him fight because he's a boring fighter. This way he can dodge fighting Pacman and make some lame excuse for not having fought him. The amount of blood testing Pacman agreed to do is more than enough this along with 11 urine samples ... I mean how much more do you want from this guy??

As someone who is deathly afraid of needles, I can definitely vouch that giving blood just before a sporting event

can not only be debilitating, but dangerous. It's whole different kind of stress and wear on the system than

just performance jitters. If the guy doesn't like needles, then I can see his argument.

As for this new court case... It sounds like he's after Mayweather and company for slander. We have many way to

test for drugs: hair, urine, etc. They should have gone that route and kept the fight... instead, Mayweather and

company seems to have used his fear of needles as a way to pull out of the fight and still talk crap.

As someone who is deathly afraid of needles, I can definitely vouch that giving blood just before a sporting event

can not only be debilitating, but dangerous. It's whole different kind of stress and wear on the system than

just performance jitters. If the guy doesn't like needles, then I can see his argument.

As for this new court case... It sounds like he's after Mayweather and company for slander. We have many way to

test for drugs: hair, urine, etc. They should have gone that route and kept the fight... instead, Mayweather and

company seems to have used his fear of needles as a way to pull out of the fight and still talk crap.

so he can take punches to the face and gladly get paid millions of dollars but he cant get some blood drawn? thats a joke.

so he can take punches to the face and gladly get paid millions of dollars but he cant get some blood drawn? thats a joke.
Another common knee-jerk reaction.

The best p4p fighter isn't simply afraid of blood being drawn, needles, or taking blood tests. He just don't like blood drawn before important fights. He feels it affects him negatively. That's his "thing". He already agreed to the test but not too close to the day of the fight. He also agreed to a blood test right after the fight. The Mayweather camp wants to be able to test up to the minute before the first round. What's the difference between taking blood before the fight and exactly right after it? Gayweather is just messing with Pacquiao.

Anyway, according to news reports Gayweather camp have soften up. Gayweather Bent Over.

chickenrun.jpg

StraightLeft's link provide timeline infos.

Edited by ArKeYa

It appears the Floyd Mayweather Camp is open to a compromise on their demand of random blood testing. “As long as there’s a blood test, as long as there’s a urine test and as long as it’s random, a cutoff date is agreeable to us,” Mayweather’s representative Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy Promotions told the LA Times Saturday. Meanwhile, Pacquiao wrote on his blog “I am still willing to Fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. I never said the fight was off or I do not want to fight him. I will fight anyone at anytime and my record and past fights prove that. I have never and will never dodge anyone. These are my specifications for this fight regarding blood testing. I have offered to give a blood sample the day of the announcement of the fight at the press [conference]. I have offered to give a blood sample 30 days before the fight. I am willing to give blood immediately after the fight is over inside my dressing room . I am also willing to give urine tests at anytime any where everyday leading up to the fight. The truth is taking blood out of my body does not seem natural to me and mentally I feel it will weaken me if blood is taken from me just days before the fight. That does not make sense to me why anyone would do that.” -

[fightnews]

I got to give it to Mayweather camp though. They pulled this blood test card really well. It has already cast doubt on Pacquiao, whether he wins or not. I think it has affected him mentally as well.

I've read that HGH will not actually help in the sport of boxing but instead will be detrimental to health and performance. Anyone have an idea if this is true, with sources if possible?

I watched Mayweather vs Marquez and I have to say he is indeed faster than Pacquiao. The best offensive boxer versus the best defensive boxer. Great fight.

And the show continues....

Mayweather rejects Arum's final proposal - News

by Harold Kupelle: According to Yahoo Sports, Floyd Mayweather's adviser and Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer told Yahoo that they have declined promoter Bob Arum's final proposal for the drug testing methods to be brought to the Nevada Athletic Commission for them to decide next month. Arum, who promotes Manny Pacquiao, had set a Monday deadline for the offer to be accepted or declined, saying that if it was declined, he would begin negotiations for a fight between his fighter Manny Pacquiao and former IBF light welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi.

Mayweather and Golden Boy Promotions want blood testing to be done for both fighters randomly up until the fight. However, Pacquiao and his team want the blood testing to be conducted three times - once at the kick off, and then 30 days before the fight and the day after the fight.

More on Mayweather rejects Arum's final proposal - News.

Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather handed test demand

Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr have been ordered to submit to urine tests within 48 hours by the Nevada State Athletic commission.

The welterweight pair were due to meet in Las Vegas on 13 March but the fight was called off last week because of a row over blood testing.

The two boxers must submit to the tests or face possible fines or suspension by the Nevada regulator.

The pair are feuding over random drug testing in the run-up to the fight.

Pacquiao's camp is against random tests in the 30 days prior to the fight, while Mayweather's team is insistent upon them.

The Nevada Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer is hoping the urine test demand might help end the impasse between the two sides.

"We're always hopeful that when we do drug testing it comes back negative," said Kizer said.

"I don't know if this will help the chances of the fight happening. But with all this talk of drug tests, let's actually do one."

Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum had wanted the Nevada Commission to rule on the matter and asked for a hearing on 19 January.

He also said that if Mayweather's camp did not agree to allow Nevada officials to decide when and how to conduct blood tests, he would sign a deal for Pacquiao to face Paulie Malignaggi instead.

"We'll go along with what the Nevada Commission decides," Arum said. "We want this fight to go forward."

But Mayweather's manager, Leonard Ellerbe, said on Monday there would be no fight on Arum's terms.

"If he's unwilling to do random blood and urine it's a nonstarter," said Ellerbe. "He knows that. If they want to walk away from the richest fight in the history of the sport, that's their decision."

Pacquiao has said he will file a defamation lawsuit against Mayweather for accusing him of taking performance-enhancing drugs.

If the blood feud does cancel the bout in Las Vegas in March, there is a chance it could be staged later this year, but that is not likely to take place until after each fighter has met another opponent in the ring.

Pacquiao, 31, became a five-weight world champion following his WBO welterweight title win over Miguel Cotto in November, while Las Vegas-based Mayweather returned from a 21-month retirement to beat Mexican Juan Manuel Marquez in September.

I'm following this fight and been reading a lot of conflicting statements, which I believe are biased since boxing forum members are sticking to their favorite fighter on the issue. Neowin on the other hand I think will be objective on this. So I ask. What is the truth really on HGH and PED testing? Is blood test really better than urine test? Which is better, 15 random blood tests or unlimited random urine tests?

disclosure: I'm a Pacquiao fan.

And MP pushed through with suing Mayweather and co.

Manny Pacquiao Files Federal Defamation Lawsuit Against Mayweathers, Oscar de la Hoya, and Richard Schaefer

Does he have a case?

No, actually it's not. I've kept my cool under fire and after being hit by an I.E.D.

Yet needles still creep me the hell out. We don't choose how things effect us.

Mediator fails to resolve Mayweather-Pacquiao dispute

Manny Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum says the proposed 'super-fight' with Floyd Mayweather Jr is off after talks failed to resolve the fighters' differences.

Pacquiao pulled out of the lucrative contest, which was scheduled for 13 March, after Mayweather demanded random drugs tests ahead of the bout.

A mediator was called in to settle the dispute but after two days the pair failed to resolve their differences.

"There is no chance ever of salvaging it for March," said Arum.

"I knew this was going to happen. There's no chance for it ever to happen," added Arum.

The 'super-fight' was likely to have been the richest in boxing history.

With potential purses of up to ?25m per fighter acting as a strong incentive, former judge Daniel Weinstein, who had helped resolve previous spats between the pair, was brought in as a mediator.

The duo had previously agreed all points of the contract apart from the drug testing and were said to be close to a deal after the mediation, but subsequent discussions on Wednesday led Pacquiao's promoters Top Rank to declare the fight was cancelled.

"I've been saying this for years. He's a psychological coward who doesn't want to fight anybody who has a chance of beating him," added Arum.

Mayweather, 32, and Pacquiao were both happy to take unlimited urine tests but Pacquiao will submit to blood testing only on specific dates.

Last week he responded to claims that he had been using performance-enhancing substances by issuing a lawsuit against Mayweather, Mayweather's father and uncle as well as Golden Boy Promotions.

Oscar de la Hoya, founder of Golden Boy, was also mentioned.

Mayweather's team attempted to defuse the situation by issuing a statement last week in which they claimed they had not accused Pacquiao of anything.

Weinstein resolved a dispute three years ago over the promotional rights to Pacquiao, who had signed contracts with Top Rank and Golden Boy, who represent Mayweather.

Under the global settlement, Top Rank retained Pacquiao's promotional rights with Golden Boy receiving a percentage of Top Rank's profit from his future bouts.

Unbeaten Mayweather and five-weight champion Pacquaio - considered to be the best pound-for-pound boxers in the world - were set to meet at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas in the biggest fight since the turn of the century.

Pacquiao, 31, became a five-weight world champion following his WBO welterweight title win over Miguel Cotto in November, while Nevada-based Mayweather returned from a 21-month retirement to beat Mexican Juan Manuel Marquez in September.