Brink (FPS)

I like the objective portion of the game but dislike the AI all together, even my own AI team. Some of the mechanics are poor but tolerable and enough to work with. I appreciate they came out with the free DLC for two weeks because it's not worth the Microsoft Points in my opinion and yes they did need to offer more incentive for people to want to come back to the game due to the horrible start it had from release. Almost 100% completed, so I guess you can say I found it completely playable. :D

I realize one thing many people tend to dislike about the game I do not have much experience with. The only time I have had to deal with the A.I. was for the stupid challenges so I could unlock everything one can by playing them. Other than that, I have not touched the campaign, and it has been all online for me, and only one match we had to play with bots. Every other match I have played has been all humans. I imagine that is helping out tremendously with me finding the game to be decent.

So downloaded and played a bit during the free weekend. Enjoyed it somewhat did not like how the action played through my speakers and the voices in my headphones I want everything through my headphones and couldn't seem to find the option for that. I am second guessing not getting it for $20 at quakecon but right now at $25 on steam I think I can pass knowing how much I'm dropping on Skyrim and SWTOR CEs.

• 2 months later...

Can this game be played by 2 people in Co-Op or do you need other people? (essentially needing the MP modes to have a community which apparently they do not).

I ask as my fiancee just got her PS3, and we're enjoying playing co-op experiences (Dead Island just now). We played Borderlands splitscreen co-op and loved it, is this similar at all? I can get two copies of Brink SE for ?15.

This is one of the worst game of the year, and it's really far from Borderland. Just look at the videos about it on youtube :)

this game had sooooooooooo much potential.

• 5 weeks later...

Has Brink been updated at all since release? There is a free-to-play weekend going on now on Steam, but I don't even know if it's worth trying. Is anyone here still playing it?

Has Brink been updated at all since release? There is a free-to-play weekend going on now on Steam, but I don't even know if it's worth trying. Is anyone here still playing it?

Yes, it has. I'm pretty sure they just updated it, hence the free weekend. I bought it last free weekend and I'll admit I didn't play it much afterwards due to the deserted playerbase, but it was extremely fun while it lasted.

I plan on playing it with a few people this weekend before it dies off again (who knows, maybe it won't this time considering how cheap it is).

Yes, it has. I'm pretty sure they just updated it, hence the free weekend. I bought it last free weekend and I'll admit I didn't play it much afterwards due to the deserted playerbase, but it was extremely fun while it lasted.

I plan on playing it with a few people this weekend before it dies off again (who knows, maybe it won't this time considering how cheap it is).

I checked last night, it's full of bots.

So what was the free dlc we were supposed to get? Is it the Agents of Change thing or what?

It was, for two weeks when it was released. Really nice maps.

So what was the free dlc we were supposed to get? Is it the Agents of Change thing or what?

The free DLC was for anyone who purchased the game or already owned it for a about two weeks after the last free weekend. Now it must be purchased either separately or in the $6.25 bundle.

Edit: Two weeks, vf- beat me to the punch.

Well I pre ordered Brink and when it was supposed to be free it said I have it, but now it doesn't. Not that I really care, I don't see myself playing Brink anymore now that BF3 is out.

According to Steam I played it for 13 hours which is longer than most single player games these days so I guess I got my monies worth.