PS3 Controller not connecting wirelessly

I have a slim PS3 and 2 Wireless controllers for it. For some reason, They cannot connect wireless. I AM able to turn on the PS3 with the controller then the 4 lights just blink quickly on the controller and it never connects. I can connect it using the wire and it will work however it will not work wireless. I have done the following which i read on the official Playstation forum. However it does not work

Connect the controller to the cable.

Hit the reset button on the back of the controller.

Hit the PS button

Wait for it to tell you Controller 1

Disconnect the Controller from the cable

Turn the PS3 off and then back on again.

However it does not work and the controller still will not connect.

The batteries are fully charged if that helps.

Any help would be amazing Thank you.

That happened to my single DS3 controller. I did some of the things mentioned but i don't recall the order. I may have booted up the system with the controller wired in.

It was frustrating.

You sure you pushed the reset button long enough?

I have tried from a single quick push to a ten second push to a 30 second push still to no avail.

I am on whatever the latest update for the system is. I always keep my system up to date and they are also the Dual Shock 3 Standard Black official Sony Controllers if it matters.

Same problem here. Its because of the slim and 3.10. Only way it works properly is by turning off the system manually (pressing the power button) and turning it back on manually after resetting the controller. Pain in the butt, but it works.

Same problem here. Its because of the slim and 3.10. Only way it works properly is by turning off the system manually (pressing the power button) and turning it back on manually after resetting the controller. Pain in the butt, but it works.

same here, do that and it will work..