Windows 7 startup screen differences on different computers

I've just been reading this post about how the Windows 7 boot screen graphics may or may not increase boot time and thought it would be a good time to ask a question I've been wondering about for a while.

I have two computers with Windows 7 Ultimate installed on them. On my main computer the boot screen shows the nice graphic effect with the Windows logo forming from blobs of light. However, on my laptop the boot screen simply shows a progrss bar with "Microsoft Corporation" written below it exactly like the Vista boot screen (example).

My question is this: Is this simply Windows deciding that my laptop isn't powerful enough to run the graphic effect without it increasing boot time (a fair presumption) or is there a problem? I think it would be quite neat if they deliberately disabled the graphics in order to speed it up... it shows initiative.

The one with the basic loading screen is the one with where the graphics isn't good enough (or something to that effect).

Sounds like your running an older version of Windows 7 (the one without the windows flag). It doesnt matter how good your computer is.

Screen resolution determines whether new boot screen will be present or not. I has to be at least 1024x768.

Ah that makes sense, my laptop is 1024x600.

I've just had a look on google images and there seem to be two types of boot screen for Windows 7: with graphics and without. However, as mentioned above, my laptop shows a vista-like screen... Why doesn't it look like the second of these ones?

Sounds like your running an older version of Windows 7 (the one without the windows flag). It doesnt matter how good your computer is.

Both computers are running exactly the same version and it has all the graphics on my desktop.

One is running Windows 7 Retail Version (Fancy Boot Screen)

One is running Windows 7 Enterprise/Corporate Volume License (No Fancy Boot Screen)

There are "Hacks" to install the Fancy Boot Screen on Enterprise if you Google 'em

Contrary to what the Internet says... Disabling the GUI Boot will only save you a Second or Two when you Boot (insignificant)

My desktop and netbook both run the final version of Windows 7. Netbook runs Ultimate final, desktop runs Professional Final.

Desktop shows graphic boot. Netbook doesn't. I assumed it was because the netbook has a smaller screen (10.1) and the graphics is lower. It does run at a 1024x600. My girlfriends 14.1 inch laptop shows it though and her graphics card isnt much better.

One is running Windows 7 Retail Version (Fancy Boot Screen)

One is running Windows 7 Enterprise/Corporate Volume License (No Fancy Boot Screen)

There are "Hacks" to install the Fancy Boot Screen on Enterprise if you Google 'em

Contrary to what the Internet says... Disabling the GUI Boot will only save you a Second or Two when you Boot (insignificant)

Nope, they're both Ultimate final.