Diskeeper 2010 Pro Premier

I am not good at putting my thoughts down, so I'll keep this brief. I am loving DK2K10, am running it on my desktop as well as my netbook. I know a lot of people say that Vista is good enough with it's builtin defragmentor, but I disagree. It's almost eliminated 100% of fragmentation on my desktop PC. It found a lot of fragmentation on my netbook, but that's because of all the junk HP installs by default, which I then removed, so the drive was heavly fragmented, and I am currently doing a manual defrag on it as I type this. Yes, there are some problems with DK2K10, but what piece of software doesn't have problems. So, I give it a 9/10.

EDIT: If someone wants to do a better review, have at it!

Edited by Cy-Kill

Not a review, but JMT: I've been running DK2010 Pro on my XP desktop for a week now, and it's really good. Previously I was using DK2009 Pro, so the filesystem was already in great shape fragmentation-wise. I have 2 640 GB and 2 500GB HDDs currently in the case. The best thing I like about 2010 is the Intelliwrite fragmentation prevention feature....during file writes it prevents fragmentation in real-time before it happens rather than having to defrag it after the fact. There's a continuously updated estimate of the number of fragments it has prevented too...pretty slick. :)

Shortest review ever!!!.

Never tried it, all i've used is O&O a long time ago, but now i Just use Auslogics, free and fast.

Shortest review ever!!!.

Never tried it, all i've used is O&O a long time ago, but now i Just use Auslogics, free and fast.

is Auslogics any good for Win7 x64? I used to use o&o myself until it fubar'd in vista x64.

a company being run by Scientology is just nuts and whats more crazy is the requirement to get a job at diskeeper, the Scientology cult crap is just stupid and needs to be borked and that activation crap they use is utter nonsense but the review is short and good but before i switch over i need proof that it shows a difference and diskeeper opens a port so it phones home.

What kind of a performance hit do you take for the extra time to analyze the drive, file size, free space, etc.?

I really haven't noticed any hits, yet, but doesn't mean there aren't any. I am on Windows Vista x64 with 6GB of RAM, and am using the x64 version of DK2K10PP. I am also running it [DK2K10PP x32] on my Windows x32 netbook.

Isn't this the company run by the Scientologist nutjob? :|

You know how many heads of companies belong to a church, does it really matter what company makes the software, no.

You know how many heads of companies belong to a church, does it really matter what company makes the software, no.

Yes I do believe it is wrong when a company is clearly discriminant when they will only employ a certain type of belief in their employees.

Yes I do believe it is wrong when a company is clearly discriminant when they will only employ a certain type of belief in their employees.

I know of a place sort of like that in Calgary, they wanted you to sign something to get a job with them, had I applied and they forced the point I would've sued them for a tonne of money and won.

• 8 months later...

I used almost all defrag apps. Diskeeper, Perfectdisk and O&O defrag are best ones. But they cost money. Auslogics does it's job. Just beware of license. There was a version free also for companies, current ones are free for non-commercial use only.