Gamecube Mod scene time.

I have recently stumbled upon some websites that seem to all confirm the same thing.

they have managed to extract some things from the discs from which i believe was a usb cable from pc to pc which you can buy from some gamecube development sites. and with the aid of some programs people made were able to rip the games and or applications. this infomation was from the following sites. (none of them have the isos or anything to download) Id love to get into some home brewed GCN games. this is maybe what Ive been waiting for now.

| No, you won't be able to run this thing on your GC, at |

| least for now. But we thought software and hardware |

| hackers would be interested in a GC release for various |

| reasons, so here it is.

more info is to come on how to play these on your cube.

What happend so far?

Starcube released 3 Gamecube titles:

Zelda: The Windwaker - USA

Freeloader 1.6

Action Replay 1.6

You cant play these releases yet, since there is no mod for the gamecube yet.

There is no info on how these were ripped.

And yes, these releases are real and no hoax.

http://gc.gba-nfo.com/

nice, they did this with the dreamcast, all we need to do now, is to get the drive to spin the right way to read your homebrew games you put on your minidvds

nice, they did this with the dreamcast, all we need to do now, is to get the drive to spin the right way to read your homebrew games you put on your minidvds

I really don't know if it would be possible to get the disc drive the spin the other way. Though, this might be possible on the Panasonic Q. It's made to play DVD's and music CD's too, so it has to be able to spin both ways.

there is a irc chan on efnet called #gamecube-scene. heres some more info

"<retroburner> <19:46> You don't need a chip. You nned a GB Player.

<retroburner> <19:46> need.

<foreignbloke> <19:47> Just hte player? I thought a boot disc was involved?

<retroburner> <19:47> Sort of.

<retroburner> <19:49> You need a boot cart. A flashed GBA cart with the modified GC bios. The GC boots the player, the player ups a new bios to the GC, and then you swop discs.

<retroburner> <19:52> It's the Dreamcast all over again, Datel or whoever it was release a region defeating disc, then someone figures it out.

<foreignbloke> <19:54> How does one lead to the other though? I don't get how the GB Player is needed.

<retroburner> <19:57> It's the only way to get a GC to read other media. GC needs a disc, and the GB player disc transfers control to the cart. You can soft reset from that with an altered bios and request another disc. Ka-ching!"

I really don't know if it would be possible to get the disc drive the spin the other way. Though, this might be possible on the Panasonic Q. It's made to play DVD's and music CD's too, so it has to be able to spin both ways.

i was being sarcastic, and the Panasonic Q is nothing like the Gamecube, Q is a DVD player with Gamecube bolted on

Ah yes, first the xbox now this. On yesterday StarCube, an pro-piracy organization has made .iso's (disc images) of GameCube titles that are availible for download on IRC. These titles include:

03/06/12 Action_Replay_V1.06_NGC-STARCUBE - X - PAL DVD-FULL Yes 0 +12

03/06/12 FreeLoader_V1.06b_NGC-STARCUBE - X - PAL DVD-FULL Yes 0 +12

03/06/13 The_Legend_Of_Zelda_The_Wind_Waker_USA_NGC-STARCUBE - X - NTSC/USA DVD-FULL Yes 25 +12

It also appears as if the software used by developers to create discs (software used by NR Writers) has been illegally hacked as well. This is only the first day and three are already availible for download. Now probably by now you guys are wondering "How do you burn the games?", Simple... Mini-dvd-r's. Already at one online retail shop who had a full stock of mini-dvdr friday sold out overnight and a few more has done the same such as this "not well known" online store, http://www.hobbymagic.com/dvd-r.htm .

From Max Console:

"To set the record straight , The gamecube releases are real. Secondly the actual GC hardware hasn't been cracked as of yet in order to play the Releases. So will we need a mod ? We will all soon find out I am sure. Just relax and we shall see what unfolds!"

- More then likely a mod will be needed,which isnt to hard to do now based on the things in GC that was hacked or who knows maybe this will be one of those "dreamcast" type ordeals .. lol

From a GCN fansite:

"This sad news goes to show you that pirates will not stop, and that they will go further and further with hacking every day. Update: This news is disturbing. I hope these pirates are stopped, and I hope Nintendo's anti-piracy efforts are able to set their sights on StarCube. "

Indeed sad but this is only the beginning... :angry:

I would like to see them play it on a cube, as of yet i dont think that can be done you need those discs that nintendo uses for copy-protection.

But I heard that with the GB player this can be worked around to soft boot the gc with no disc than to load the game that way...but who knows. I know I wont be doing any of that, I see no point in it, just pay the money or even just rent the game.

Damn hackers :p

Oh well. I see no reason to gripe. I've bought my GC games, and they cost the cost they cost, without any piracy so far. So we know how much they cost without piracy. If the prices don't go up after the piracy has been around, then this just proves to me that the whole "Piracy makes us have to pay more!" consumer mentality is B.S.

I guess I just tend to agree with the belief that people who pirate software wouldn't have bought it in the first place, and are only getting it because they can pirate it, therefore there's no true significant profit loss.

Besides, how exactly do the companies estimate losses due to piracy, anyway? Do they monitor exactly how many downloads take place over IRC, usenet, p2p, AIM, etc, and friend-to-friend CD copying, etc?

It's like those people who estimate the number of unreported crimes. I don't get it.

i may be wrong on this but i think there have been gamecube iso's floating around for a long time... even when it first came out i remember

You cant play these releases yet, since there is no mod for the gamecube yet.

There is no info on how these were ripped.

And yes, these releases are real and no hoax.

If they can't be played how do you know they're real? :blink:

because they were ripped directly from the gamecube, by some sort of homemade link lead, like they did with the dreamcast using the ethernet adapter

i may be wrong on this but i think there have been gamecube iso's floating around for a long time... even when it first came out i remember

that was a hoax by some spanish group

An online piracy group called "StarCube" has made ISO's of games like The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker available for download on the net. They are not publicly available to everyone, but are said to be hosted on private warez FTP sites.

As of yet (6/14/2003) there is no way to actually play the games after burning to a mini-disc, but reliable sources say that there will be a hack for the GameCube released soon so that these illegal copies can be played. Also rumors do have it that the copied games can be played on the Panasonic GameCube, but that is unconfirmed.

Here is an excerpt from the group's information file on the release: "No, you wont be able to play this game on your GC, at least for now. But we thought software and hardware hackers would be interested in a GC release for various reasons, so here it is. For this first one, we decided to give you a pure disc dump. But on a GC disc, all the space that?s not used is filled with random garbage, which is bad for compression. Any upcoming release from us will have that garbage removed. Coders can have a look at the /maps directory, which contains symbols information, pretty useful for reverse engineering. (Many games have such map files)"

To read the full information file for the game's release click here.

Note: Nintendo Insider does not support piracy in any way, or any other illegal activities. Therefore we will not post how to obtain access to these illegal copies.

Source: Console Gods