[UFC/MMA] Brock Lesnar Rant

With the news of an Interim Title fight between Carwin and Mir making it's rounds we're left to wonder if Brock will return soon if at all. A few pictures were posted on Mmamania.com a few days ago showing Brock post surgery signing some topps cards and after looking at the pictures I couldn't help but think of a few things.

Now keep in mind that although i severely dislike Lesnar for his attitude and antics i would not wish any ill will against him as he does have a family and people who do love and support him. But when i first heard the news about his illness, I immediately felt as if it was Karma kicking his ass for being such an arrogant asshat for so long, mind you there was a time during the whole ordeal when more was known that i kinda felt bad for him as he is a great athlete and it's sad when that gets taken away from someone with so much talent. I couldn't seem to feel that he was getting what he deserved though, as bad as that sounds.

Than we flashforward to the pictures that just surfaced, such as this one.

brock3.jpg

And one look at the picture and I could see in his eyes that he hasn't changed. One would think being so close to having something taken away from him would be a little more humble about what he has. But looking at the picture he looks like he's got the same chip on his shoulder and hates the world, which is sad. He's a very talented fighter, and no doubt could be one of the greatest heavyweights ever, but his attitude and the way he carries himself is just horrible.

Dana has commented several times that all his encounters with Brock have been a bit uncomfortable and that he is often very grumpy, and fans on several websites that have gone to events have commented that Brock is not very friendly with fans, meaning no autographs, no pictures, no smiles, nothing.

I don't wish him any harm, but i really wish he would get some Class and stop being a top notch ass. Anyone else agree?

/end rant.

He definitely comes off as very cocky, both in his personality and fighting style. That being said, I hope he can fight again. I loved seeing him drag out fights longer than they needed to go just to punish people more. I wish I was that talented of a fighter.

I don't think he is really like that but he's portraying a persona that he is an ass. Brock knows it and Dana knows it. I don't know if you watched him back in his WWE days he used that very same persona.

When he comes back, he will still be the same person because everybody wants to see Brock lose. I'm a Lesnar fan back from his wrestling days and look at it his interviews, can bring in ratings because he's bringing a pro-wrestling feel into the UFC.

And real UFC/MMA fans still bug him about him being a pro wrestler and you would be irritated too if you tried to shed that from your past and cannot.

I don't think he is really like that but he's portraying a persona that he is an ass. Brock knows it and Dana knows it. I don't know if you watched him back in his WWE days he used that very same persona.

When he comes back, he will still be the same person because everybody wants to see Brock lose. I'm a Lesnar fan back from his wrestling days and look at it his interviews, can bring in ratings because he's bringing a pro-wrestling feel into the UFC.

And real UFC/MMA fans still bug him about him being a pro wrestler and you would be irritated too if you tried to shed that from your past and cannot.

No, he's actually like that outside of UFC/MMA/Wrestling. He always comes off as arrogant and very cocky like he's the bees knees. And yes, I've met him to know heh.

lesnar and kimbo are the 2 biggest reasons i started watching UFC

It's good that it opened you up to the UFC, however it makes me sad that it took those 2 people to open you up to it.

No, he's actually like that outside of UFC/MMA/Wrestling. He always comes off as arrogant and very cocky like he's the bees knees. And yes, I've met him to know heh.

Exactly. I don't think it's a "persona" that he puts on to sell his image, i really believe he's just an ass and has always been one.

lesnar and kimbo are the 2 biggest reasons i started watching UFC

lol, kimbo slice is crap and brock aint great, he's got 3 wins and 1 loss, not the best of stats. I reckon mir will beat him in their rematch. Mir weighed 265 pounds in his last fight, he cut weight to get to that limit, when he fought brock he was around 250 without cutting weight. He has obviously put on 15+ pounds in muscle as he wasn't heavy enough or strong enough to fight brock if brock managed to get on top of him.

He's a royal duche, can't wait for brock to get knocked out:)

So Brock is arrogant and cocky. What fighter doesn't talk a lot of **** before a fight? If there's anybody to hate for being arrogant, that would be Rampage.

The only reason he lost his first fight against Frank Mir is because he was inexperienced and got in a leg lock. Otherwise, he pummeled Mir in that fight.

Brock Lesnar isn't a great fighter, but the heavyweight division was such crap that it took somebody a little bit bigger than everybody else to become the champion.

If there is a rematch, I think Frank Mir would win, as long as he puts in enough work. But if Lesnar makes a full recovery from the surgery, then Mir definitely wouldn't come out unbruised.

Dana has commented several times that all his encounters with Brock have been a bit uncomfortable and that he is often very grumpy, and fans on several websites that have gone to events have commented that Brock is not very friendly with fans, meaning no autographs, no pictures, no smiles, nothing.

Steroid and drug use will do that to a person and Lesnar has had his share of both.

I like watching Lesnar fight because he's a monster. It's also part of the game to get in the other guy's head. There's no advantage of being the nice guy in this sport.

I also vote for Rampage being the #1 douchbag of the UFC. I'd imagine quite a few others would agree with that and would perhaps exchange a certain word out for another one.

I like watching Lesnar fight because he's a monster. It's also part of the game to get in the other guy's head. There's no advantage of being the nice guy in this sport.

Seriously? Umm GSP comes to mind, as well as Anderson Silva.. both 2 of the p4p best fighters in the world, and are very classy. Sure Silva can be cocky, but with his win streak who wouldn't be, thing is when it comes to real life and/or the fans, both of these fighters are class act and are lightyears ahead of what Lesnar could ever amount to. Smack talk is part of selling the ppv, I understand that, but outside the octagon they are nice people unlike Lesnar.

It would be nice to see him get well and back into fighting. Another fight b/w him and Mir would be something that would generate alot of money again. Specially since Mir now has a new training routine and a new trainer. Looking forward to Brock getting better for his health/family and for another fight with Mir.

I for one was looking forward to Carwin vs Lesnar and hope that some time down the line it happens as for Brock he always seems cocky but when he beat Couture he showed he's more then capable of being there.

He is who he is. He's Brock Lesnar because hes a cocky **** who can actually fight well for his size. The guy is in absolute monster in the ring and that's why we watch him fight.

He is who he is. He's Brock Lesnar because hes a cocky **** who can actually fight well for his size. The guy is in absolute monster in the ring and that's why we watch him fight.

Nah I watch him fight because I expect a real MMA fighter to whup his ass, other than Mir, he really hasn't fought anyone worth fighting.

I love Brock, I love that he gets under people's skin.

He is a great fighter, and so many people wanted him to fail, I was so happy when he didn't.

+1

bubba you need to get over him... like people for what they do in the sport they play, not their personalities or personal lives.

+1

bubba you need to get over him... like people for what they do in the sport they play, not their personalities or personal lives.

i know i know.. lol

I just have a hard time liking someone that is just sooo arrogant. It boggles my mind that someone with so much talent, who gets and illness and almost has it all ripped away is STILL an ass..lol

Nah I watch him fight because I expect a real MMA fighter to whup his ass, other than Mir, he really hasn't fought anyone worth fighting.

Erm... aren't you forgetting Randy Couture? :p

Steroid and drug use will do that to a person and Lesnar has had his share of both.

Nail on the head. Look at the guy, he's a post-child for steroid use and how it makes you act!

And yes, he does seem to have a chip on his shoulder. Heyman talks a lot of crap, but also talks a fair bit of truth, and he has stated that managing Lesnar was hard, cos he's just always ****ed off at something!

Erm... aren't you forgetting Randy Couture? :p

Randy has been a wash-up for a while now, his record is not that impressive, people like him because of his personality and the feel he brings to the sport. Don't get me wrong I love the guy, but any mma fan can tell you Randy been out for a while same thing with Iceman.

Lesnar was the only time I bothered watching UFC, he was bloody awesome!

Awesome in what? Jumping on the guy, holding the opponents hand and punching the guy in the face for 2 rounds...its not that impressive or awesome. Yes it is a legit win, however I wouldn't say he is the best or even good at it. People hate Roy Nelson because he belly flops the guy and attacks him while the opponent is down, same thing with Lesnar, but yet people like 1 guy but not the other, it makes no sense.