[NFL] Saints lose their first game

The Saints just lost their first regular season game, and it was to the Dallas Cowboys!

There goes their perfect record.. now they are 13-1.

I'm a huge Dallas Cowboys fan, so I could not be happier right now.

Disappointing loss. The Saints were doing a great job of driving down the field on their last drive and the offensive line let Brees down big time.

I'm convinced the Cowboys still won't beat out the Eagles for division leadership, though. The Cowboys might've gotten lucky, but they still can't play their way out of a paper bag.

I would rather see the Colts losing their perfect record. I recognize Payton's awesomeness, but I just hate his team.

Patriots FTW!!!

(I used to live in MA for those wondering why a guy in FL is cheering for the patriots) :p

I would rather see the Colts losing their perfect record. I recognize Payton's awesomeness, but I just hate his team.

Patriots FTW!!!

(I used to live in MA for those wondering why a guy in FL is cheering for the patriots) :p

Yea, Manning (Payton; Eli sucks) is a great player, but the Colts have gotten extremely lucky. They really shouldn't be perfect right now.

And I agree, go Patriots! :p I'm from Virginia, but the Redskins suck, so it's Patriots for me in the AFC and Eagles in the NFC. :laugh: I think those two will go to the Superbowl if Randy Moss can get his act together.

Ohh, those are some strong words.

Romo is getting better, and I have seen a huge improvement from this season, compared to last season. I have to go with my team, you can never go against your team, and say that they are definitely playoff worthy this season, and have a good chance this year.

We just need to fire Nick Folk... that's 10 missed kicks.

Patriots FTW!!!

Uhh, Payton. Did you see his newest commercial? He didn't even speak, he was just a face. I wish I could remember what it was for.

Patriots had a real easy lineup this season, probably one of the easiest. They also lost to Miami, how bad do you need to play to lose to Miami when you have a team like the Patriots.

I know tomorrow they should easily beat Buffalo, but we'll see how good the patriots play in the snow!

Ohh, those are some strong words.

Romo is getting better, and I have seen a huge improvement from this season, compared to last season. I have to go with my team, you can never go against your team, and say that they are definitely playoff worthy this season, and have a good chance this year.

We just need to fire Nick Folk... that's 10 missed kicks.

The Cowboys will most likely make it into the playoffs (probably by wildcard since the Giants are sucking wind), but I don't think they'll get very far. They have a really, really big tendency to choke.

Same goes for the Colts. They're in the playoffs, but they won't make it to the Superbowl. Peyton always chokes.

Edited by Elliott

Dallas finally did it! They beat somebody good in December! Definitely will get a few people off Romo's back but I'm sad to see the Saints not go undefeated. I can't root for the Colts because they are perennial winners. I can't ever say anything bad about Peyton though, especially after that United Way SNL skit.

Dallas finally did it! They beat somebody good in December!

Make that post-December record 20-41 since 1997! :p

If you can't tell, I don't have much love in me for the Cowboys. :laugh:

Make that post-December record 20-41 since 1997! :p

If you can't tell, I don't have much love in me for the Cowboys. :laugh:

You hide it very well

/sarcasm

It has nothing to do with luck, or a jinx.. Dallas is on a good road (beating one of the undefeated teams in the league) to getting over this nasty cloud hovering over their head.

It has nothing to do with luck, or a jinx.. Dallas is on a good road (beating one of the undefeated teams in the league) to getting over this nasty cloud hovering over their head.

But they still lost to the Giants (twice) and Green Bay. I guess that makes those two the best teams in the NFC since Dallas beat the Saints. :p

Lol, ya, losing to the giants the second time was all Nick folks fault.. Hopefully Dallas has seen the last of him.

I think this will help the Saints in the long run. There's a lot of pressure on you when you are undefeated this late into the season. Now that monkey is off their back they can get back to playing football.

Uhh, Payton. Did you see his newest commercial? He didn't even speak, he was just a face. I wish I could remember what it was for.

Sony commercial.

There are more commericals here: http://www.youtube.com/user/sonyelectronic.../21/N_wlCQh3064

Screw the saints and screw the cowboys even more!

GO PACKERS and the VIKINGS! :D Cowboys have nothing on them.

Edited by Tech Star

I'm a born and raised Cowboys fan... and that win gave me wood!

I'm not crazy about Romo still and our kicker needs to break his leg so we get someone else in there.

But still, we pulled it off. HELLZ YEA!

Absolutely ridiculous. Combine that with the Packer's stupid loss today...ugggh! The Cowboys have no business making a bid for the NFC wildcard spot. Should be an interesting 2 weeks of football coming up.

Oh c'mon, it's against the football gods to root for the packers and the vikings, that's crazy!

I know that the patriots haven't played great football this season, but I stick with them! GO PATRIOTS!

The Saints played poorly on offense for nearly the entire game, and our secondary is getting depleted with so many injuries. Teams recognize that rookie Malcolm Jenkins is our biggest weakness against the pass; it's one of the main reasons why the last three games have gone the way they did. Most, if not all, big pass plays were to his coverage, or better yet, the lack thereof. The loss was bound to happen, but having an undefeated record would have been phenomenal. I also agree that now the hype of perfection is behind them, they can emphasize more on getting healthy for the playoffs, where they will be much closer to 100% than they have in the last two months.

As for the Cowboys, they played a great game and kudos goes to them for the big win, but I'm a bit annoyed with how many reports are heaping praises to them on how they have beaten their December woes while almost completely neglecting that they've only won 1 of 3 this month. Similar praises were thrown to Brady because of one great game. "Brady's back, the dust is gone," blah blah, all after one great game, 3rd or 4th of the season; I didn't buy it then, and still don't think he's fully "back." Two more weeks to go for Dallas, both games against divisional opponents, one of which is looking to take the division title, the other is an away game. Don't buy that their woes are over.

Unfortunately for the Cowboys, their playoff run won't run past the NFC Championship. That one belongs to the now grounded Saints. Who Dat! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Unfortunately for the Cowboys, their playoff run won't run past the NFC Championship. That one belongs to the now grounded Saints. Who Dat! ;)

I'll have to see it to believe it. They are looking more like the Saints of old to me.

• 2 weeks later...
**** the saints, for the first time in history i was pulling for the cowboys. Now that my falcons are eliminated, go pats!!!!

Your Falcoons will always be second rate to the almighty Saints! Bow down before Drew Breesus!!!

Can I get a WHO DAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!