My hobby is darts

Who loves my hobby?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play (league) darts?

• Yep
    • Nope
    • Just for fun, occasionally
  2. 2. What league equivalent are you?

• Professional league (not amateur league)
    • 1st division (amateur)
    • 2nd division (amateur)
    • 3rd division (amateur)
    • Lower (amateur)

I've been playing amateur league darts since 1998 here in Holland for Dart Vereniging Kennemerland in that time I've played for 3 teams, my current team is Huifkar 2 with co-admin Marcel (Redmak).

I was promoted from the 4th division in 2002 and have been playing in the third division ever since, needless to say its a hobby and I don't throw much more than once a week (when we play) which explains our league position atm.

Anyone else here play in an amateur league?

I don't play. Think the last time i attempted was 4 years ago in Uni during the championships. We'd all watch "The Viking" (The big fat guy with the really hot daughter)

and then we'd attempt to play in the living room...that was untill we burst a pipe in the wall...

i didn't say we were good at darts

I love Darts!, I want to play for a Pub league next year and get somewhere rather then throwing the arrows at home.

Raymond Van Barneveld is my fav player :D

rayG1712_468x503.jpg

When I was in the USAF in the 80's I was stationed in England and became a very good dart player. I didn't stick with it, but it was fun when I came back to the states and would kick the crap out of everyone at the bars. I even gave the state champ a big run for his money, ya should have seen the look on his face when we won by 1 dart!

The viking isn't fat anymore!

image-2-for-celebrity-weight-loss-gallery-721299783.jpg

He ran a pub in Lee Green near Lewisham.

It's nice to see him slim.

It bothered me when he was on stage, I got worried in case his ticker went mad.

Nope and nope are my answers as they don't work.

I didn't know people play darts as a sport.. cool :p

One hundred and eightyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

I don't care for darts myself watching it on TV but I do look like playing it occasionally at the pub! (Y)

I believe Andy Fordham lost the weight due to stopping drinking alcohol. I remember there being a special match arranged between him and Phil Taylor when both were World Champions at the same time (I think it was on pay-per-view in UK?), but he couldn't finish it because of the heat from the lights on stage.

Good to see that he is looking much healthier now.

• 1 month later...

My friend got a dart board a few months ago and I've really taken a liking to it.

I love the amount of skill and practice it takes.

Professional darts was on TV the other day and I ended up watching an hour of it. I couldn't believe how into it the crowd was!! That might have had something to do with the amount of alcohol they were drinking, but still they were going crazy! :p

• 1 month later...

My friend got a dart board a few months ago and I've really taken a liking to it.

I love the amount of skill and practice it takes.

Professional darts was on TV the other day and I ended up watching an hour of it. I couldn't believe how into it the crowd was!! That might have had something to do with the amount of alcohol they were drinking, but still they were going crazy! :p

Ditto my friend done the same thing, I love playing round there.