Timberland and Snow/Ice

Yeah it was snowing the other day in London, so had to get my good old Timbs out from under my bed to wear to uni. They did not let me down, but the ice is still slippery unless you got spikes!

Does it really matter? I ventured across the thick ice today in my regular office shoes and they were fine

Does it really matter? I ventured across the thick ice today in my regular office shoes and they were fine

But if your car broke down on some back country road during a blizzard or just while there's several inches of snow on the ground and you had to walk to the nearest gas station 10 miles away, fix a tire, or try getting your car out of a ditch, would your regular office shoes still be fine?

Slippers will usually get you the 10 feet you generally need to walk through the snow and ice, but in this kind of weather, you really should prepare for the unexpected. It's the same reason you should always have a first-aid kit, a flashlight, and a blanket in your car. Or the same reason you shouldn't go out without a coat, even if you're not expecting to be out of your car for more than a few minutes.

So I'd say yes, having a pair of boots that will keep your feet warm and dry in the the tougher winter conditions matters.

@ the OP: I'm sure it depends on what pair you get. There are probably brands out there that do just as well or better at half the price, but how much you spend is obviously up to you. From what I hear, though, Timberlands are pretty decent in this kind of weather, so I'm sure you can't go wrong.

-Emily