Problems with Windows 7 on HP Mini 110

Hi everyone,

I have an HP Mini 110 (1006TU) netbook, which comes with Windows XP. I am trying to install Windows 7 on it, however Windows 7 does not detect the keyboard at all, and the touchpad device will not start according to Windows device manager. I can use a USB keyboard and mouse, but that's it. They don't work in setup, and they don't work after Windows has successfully installed. I tried Vista as well, and it has the same issue. Has anyone got any idea as to why this is and how to fix it? They both worked fine in XP, and the keyboard works in the BIOS and boot selection etc.

Thanks in advance,

Mikey.

Really very strange, as I installed Windows 7 on my wifes HP Mini 110 Netbook and no issues whatsoever. The install picked up literally every driver she needed. Very odd. I did install it using the install disk and an external DVD drive so perhaps that is the reason, but I would think an install is an install. Wish I could be of more help, but I did want to share it seems very strange, as I was actually suprised by just how damn smooth it went when I did the install. I technically never had to grab a single HP driver for her once I was done, I just went ahead and installed what they listed as critical just to do it.

weired!! r u sure ur keyboard is fine?

If you can go to windows updates settings and check all the check box in the settings.

Then check for updates. It will bring you all the drivers. the drivers might be listed in the optional updates.

Thanks jasondefoaite, but I have already tried that, and those drivers are only for the Synaptics touchpad (like it says), not the keyboard. Those drivers installed properly too, however the touchpad device still will not start. I have not tried Windows Update, however as Windows does not detect the keyboard at all, I don't think it will find a driver for it.