War Babies

I thought I would ask if anyone else here on this board lived during any sort of major conflict. Did it have anything to do with the person you are today? I grew up during the Somali Civil War and left when I was 9 to come here to Canada. I personally don't think the war affected me hugely other than the fact that it made grow up a little bit faster than most kids. I probably wouldn't be on this board to start with if my family hadn't been displaced, we essentially went from being influential bussinessman in our cities(Mogadishu mostly) to being basically dirt poor overnight. We pretty lucky compared to everyone else who lost tons of family or are still living over there. It defintely made a mom a stronger women and I think hardship in some people. We're doing fine right now though, we had to get a lot of help from social programs at first but most of us have put our kids through school and are doing fine now.

This could include people who have enlisted in armed forces anywhere aswell. Just wanted to know how anyone else like me coped with this favourite human past-time (war) of ours.

I don't think I'll be able to get through all these personal tales, slow down guys :laugh:

I don't even know why I randomly decided to make a thread like this in a Tech Forum, seems like something that should be on a blog page.