Windows 7 32-bit with full 4 GB or 8 GB RAM support

BTW, one reason to use 32-bit with PAE instead of 64-bit is that V86 mode is not supported in long mode, thus NTVDM is not supported in 64-bit Windows.

Might as well just toss a Virtual Machine on the host then because honestly, how often are you going to use a 16bit app now of days? I really don't think most home users will miss being able to run 16bit apps (If they have software even kicking around anymore). If you are using software that old chances are you'll probably still want to use XP or older to run the apps.

• 4 months later...

Wow.... what alot of whining, complaining and flaming!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif

Just 'coz someone said, "hey, look what i found" .... make me think twice about SHARING something i may find interesting, whether its really feasible or not!

It is an interesting patch..... if i was still running 32 bit i would give it a go! only reason i went 64bit OS was to use my 1600Mhz 16Gb Ram......

My question is : Has anyone tried it? And do you have screenshots to prove it?

I find it astonishing that the computer "experts" on Neowin argue for about seven or eight pages with false and misguided information and it takes a Microsoft employee to come in here and set the record straight, and they're still arguing misguidedly. If you guys want to have more than 4GB of ram, just upgrade to a 64-bit version of Windows 7, if you don't have a 64-bit capable PC, don't go above 2GB and stay on XP and plan to upgrade to a new PC. Keep in mind people that regardless of all the bickering about 32-bit, this transition is going a hell of a lot smoother than the 16-bit to 32-bit transition. "Your PC does not have a math co-processor".. Seriously people, give it a rest. Also avoid Windows XP x64 like it's the plague...

Why are people fighting this hard to keep using 32-bit in Windows 7? Using 32-bit in Windows 7 is the stupidest thing you can do. Just go 64-bit already like any sane modern day computer user would.

Some of you people would rather rootkit and destabilize your entire machine to try and fix the mistake of installing 32-bit, instead of just installing 64-bit? Sheesh, there's no faith to be had in humanity. If you aren't using 64-bit Windows 7 when you have the RAM amounts that needs it, then you should just give up on computers because you clearly don't know what you're doing. All these 'hacks' are just trailer trash stupidity to try and glorify using an outdated architecture in a modern day OS.

• 4 months later...

Yea, what an awesome tweak that was, did nothing but change a couple of numbers sigh...

Those gigs were always installed.

A 32bit cpu (which you seem to be using) can not address more than 3.2-3.5 something gigs of ram no matter what "tweak" you install

A 32bit cpu (which you seem to be using) can not address more than 3.2-3.5 something gigs of ram no matter what "tweak" you install

Modern motherboards are not limited to the 32-bit adressing. The only limiting factor is consumer editions of Windows, which have an artificial block in place for compatibility with buggy drivers, even though all the code to support up to 64GB of RAM through PAE is actually there. It's no third-party hack either, it's production-quality code designed for Windows Server. Since the consumer and server versions of Windows are actually the same OS, you can re-enable the functionality that is normally only available on Server by just patching a few bits in the kernel.

Of course why you'd want to is a different matter, unless you have some old obscure 32-bit software/hardware you have to use. I actually do have that, but I have a separate 32-bit XP system for it, while I run 64-bit 7 on my main system.

Using 32-bit in Windows 7 is the stupidest thing you can do.

no it isn't.But comments like these are.There are lots of non 64bit compatible hardware out there.(software too)And lots of people rely on those.Win7 32bit is being used by a lot of smart people and so is XP.(Those guys aren't dumb they just have old PC) I get tourette syndrome seeing comments like using this is retarded or someone dissing another if he/she doesn't use the same OS

no it isn't.But comments like these are.There are lots of non 64bit compatible hardware out there.(software too)And lots of people rely on those.Win7 32bit is being used by a lot of smart people and so is XP.(Those guys aren't dumb they just have old PC) I get tourette syndrome seeing comments like using this is retarded or someone dissing another if he/she doesn't use the same OS

Lol? You think it's completely justified to install 32-bit OS on an 8gb RAM machine, when there's absolutely no way whatsoever you'll be able to use more than 3gb of it? Who would be using a machine capable of 8GB of RAM with outdated, non-x64 capable hardware anyways? Hardware has supported 64-bit for years now. You think it's fine to kill most of your RAM with a 32-bit OS so you can install that 10 year old PCI card in your core i7 rig?

It's comments like THIS that completely disregard modern hardware and it's requirements for the sake of the old fashioned. If someone has a modern system requiring 64-bit, they are more than likely not relying on 32-bit only hardware or software anymore. On top of that, software can be run in a virtual machine-- which if you have 4GB+ of RAM--- is perfectly usable! Go ask Apple if you can put Tiger on a 2010 macbook pro. I dare you.

This is getting ridiculous. Either get a 64-bit processor and run 64-bit Windows or stick with the 3GB limit. These goofy third-party hacks are unnecessary. Especially when they come from dubious Russian sites.

Lol? You think it's completely justified to install 32-bit OS on an 8gb RAM machine, when there's absolutely no way whatsoever you'll be able to use more than 3gb of it? Who would be using a machine capable of 8GB of RAM with outdated, non-x64 capable hardware anyways? Hardware has supported 64-bit for years now. You think it's fine to kill most of your RAM with a 32-bit OS so you can install that 10 year old PCI card in your core i7 rig?

It's comments like THIS that completely disregard modern hardware and it's requirements for the sake of the old fashioned. If someone has a modern system requiring 64-bit, they are more than likely not relying on 32-bit only hardware or software anymore. On top of that, software can be run in a virtual machine-- which if you have 4GB+ of RAM--- is perfectly usable! Go ask Apple if you can put Tiger on a 2010 macbook pro. I dare you.

not on a 8gb machine maybe.(which not a lot of people has btw)But i myself use win7-32bit with 4gb ram and use my tv tuner which is not 64bit compatible.Now tell me why would i spend another 100+$ on a tv card when it's perfectly working on 32bit.Or the fact that an account software my cousin's firm uses works on only 32bit and he needs it daily.And I never saw a high end computer with 8gb of ram and i7 using 32bit OS,

If people have to go 32bit for the reasons i wrote they install 4gb ram or less.It's just not worth spending hundreds of dollars just to benefit for more than 4gb of ram.I never saw my pc use more than 2gb anyway.This "any pc should run 64bit OS" statement is so absurd