[Poll] Are you politically active?

Are you politically active by voting in your local elections?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Do you vote?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not of age
  2. 2. Are you a member of a political group/party?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know
    • Not of age

Elections Canada recently published a report that broke down election demographics within my country (Canada). What is appaling are the age groups of 18-25 (new voters). Out of all the new voters only 14% of those registered voted. Out of ALL registered voters less than 60% of registered voters voted. So much for democracy. So are you politically motivated?

Vote when I feel like it. Its not compulsory here. Only time I've voted was last year, havent voted for probably over 20 years. And no, to the 2nd one. And no, I'm not politically motivated. I wouldnt care less what the govt do

Edited by PaulAuckNZ

Elections Canada recently published a report that broke down election demographics within my country (Canada). What is appaling are the age groups of 18-25 (new voters). Out of all the new voters only 14% of those registered voted. Out of ALL registered voters less than 60% of registered voters voted. So much for democracy. So are you politically motivated?

Seniors vote in high numbers and thus governments cater to seniors' needs. If young people voted as often as seniors do then their issues would be important to politicians.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I do vote, but I'm not currently an active member of a political party. Things may change once uni is over.

Why waste my time? I know all most average people are voting for 1 of the 2 main parties so a vote for a third party is a waste of time IMO. The same people are pulling the strings of the puppets on both the left and the right. Until there is organization by the people to vote for a third party we are going to continue to get raped by the government and the people that really run it in the shadows.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 18, I haven't vote yet because there hasn't been an election since I've been able to vote but I plan to vote at every election. I do not support a particular party or ideology but go with how I feel about each party's trustworthiness and manifesto.

I vote, but that's because we have to, we get fined if we don't.

Not a member of any political parties, because they're all quite bad, and the amount of apathy here means that it pretty much won't ever change (Manufactured Moral Outrage is par for the course here)

All the parties lie, but everybody knows it so nobody cares and there's no foresight so plans change continuously. 2 current IT related things I can think of are the R18+ rating for games and the internet censorship program, the guy blocking the R18+ rating is making things up about gamers to support his stance, and the guy pushing for the censoring has no idea about the actual requirements, just that he wants it. We've also got a whole bunch of "Not in my backyard!" going on (Climate Change is bad!, Fossil Fuels are bad!, but no nuclear power plants!), and racism has been on the rise a bit lately.

Or maybe the whole thing is blown out of proportion by our biased media (funnily enough, the best media is actually government funded), but an awful lot of people go by that media.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...