HTC HD2 (Leo) quick review

• 4 weeks later...

This is my 3rd HTC phone, and by far the best. I love it.

Only 1 thing I do miss - My last phone was the Samsung Tocco Ultra which had tactile feedback on ANY screen press, but the HTC Leo only has it in certain programs which disappoints me. Apart from that, I love it.

My upgrade is due next month as fas as I know so I will be getting this phone and I can't wait.

I have been doing so much research on the phone and reading reviews, videos and demo's literally for the past few months, it's unbelievably great.

I even convinced the guys in the O2 store that it was amazing, they where trying to get me into the iPhone camp but after they saw me playing with this, they were like "mm, you know what, that looks a lot better, might have to get one myself". Everyone seems to like it, if not love it and really the only recurring complaint I have heard about it, is that it's too big!! Come on!! It's only 5mm wider and 5mm taller than the iPhone, that's nothing.

Thanks for the great review.

Guys, i have it, from Vodafone. In the UK.

Doesnt it ever get stuck for you? It gets stuck for me quite often, usually right before or after a call..then i have to take the battery out and put it back in :/

Im quite annoyed as i've left it to the side and im back to my iphone, at least until WM7 comes out..

Let me know..

Also, if you're using a really good cooked ROM could you link me plz? :)

Doesnt it ever get stuck for you? It gets stuck for me quite often, usually right before or after a call..then i have to take the battery out and put it back in :/

Im quite annoyed as i've left it to the side and im back to my iphone, at least until WM7 comes out..

Let me know..

I like the dutty ROMs best, you can find the latest here. If you intend to flash I would wait to the next version because that should be coming very soon ;)

Let me know..

I remember someone posting about this before, same thing, and on Vodafone. Apparently they don't release the updates for the device which HTC bring out, which, would fix the bugs which you are experiencing. I'll find the post and link it for you.

Here we go.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/868266-htc-hd2-and-vodafone-uk-fiasco/page__p__592192526__hl__HTC%20Vodafone__fromsearch__1entry592192526

• 2 weeks later...

I'm stuck with using Verizon due to work, but need global capabilities, which is a bit ironic considering the options are either a BlackBerry or a BlackBerry (8830 or Storm.) I wish VZW would allow their HTC or Google phone models to be used on something other than CDMA, because I'm really liking the look of some of these phones.

• 1 month later...

It is a shame such a great phone with all the best parts, components, and vibrant screen can have such a ****ty operating system...c'mon!!! this phone would have been perfect if it were running on Android. I would drop my iphone 3gs in a split second if it simple just had a different OS.... because at the end of the day, no one wants to deal with Windows Mobile...and thats a cold hard fact

It is a shame such a great phone with all the best parts, components, and vibrant screen can have such a ****ty operating system...c'mon!!! this phone would have been perfect if it were running on Android. I would drop my iphone 3gs in a split second if it simple just had a different OS.... because at the end of the day, no one wants to deal with Windows Mobile...and thats a cold hard fact

Odd how XDA-Dev has over 2 million users then. And that's only one of the winmo forums.

But anyways http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_desire-3077.php <- HD2 running android

The OS is actually great if you know what you are doing. It certainly doesn't follow the trend that Apple has set for shallow operating systems used by people who just don't care how sth works. Our society is already very shallow and the new mobile OSes also, but Windows Mobile 6.5 is not! I understand that there are people who don't care and want sth that just works, but Apple offers that at the expense of the total lack of power features...You know what? No, thank you!

I am also sorry that Microsoft is taking the Apple path and I hope they will see that they are mistaken...

• 3 weeks later...

That's not the HD2, that's the HTC Desire.

I happen to know that. However they are, essentially, the exact same device since they have pretty much the same specs. Only things different about it is the OS and the screen.