Creative Audigy 2 ZS won't work on Windows 7

Hey,

I've tried every possible method of installing the damn soundcard but it will just not work. I've installed Windows 7 Ultimate (fresh install) yesterday but my Audigy soundcard will not produce any output, whatever driver I've tried.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can resolve this issue as it's not something I like. Google has not helped me an awful lot, most drivers don't bring the solution.

Kind regards,

W.

This is the same issue people had with this card on vista, I'd get rid of that POS Creative card and go for a different manufacturers card instead.

I'm not sure what drivers you've tried, but the Windows 7 Compatiblity Center says your card should work. Have you tried daniel_k's drivers?

I've tried Daniel_k drivers but I'm not sure it were these. I'll check them out tonight.

This is the same issue people had with this card on vista, I'd get rid of that POS Creative card and go for a different manufacturers card instead.

If above situation doesn't work, I hope that's not the only solution.

I agree on this. Gave that card the boot a long time ago. Creative have ****ty drivers.

If above situation doesn't work, I hope that's not the only solution.

Trust me, it is.

I have the same card as you, currently running Windows 7 Ultimate X86 with the default driver that was installed at startup. Works just fine here, No idea how to rectify the issues you're having though. Sorry. :blush:

I have the same card as you, currently running Windows 7 Ultimate X86 with the default driver that was installed at startup. Works just fine here, No idea how to rectify the issues you're having though. Sorry. :blush:

Hmm weird as I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. :laugh:

Try PAX's drivers instead, always worked for me.

And not to sound like an ass when I say this but, have you tried all the Outputs on the card? Some drivers switched the Front and Back speakers ports because the back speaker ports had less noise on them. So if you have a 2 Speaker setup or something, then you could simply have it in the wrong port. But that's me clutching at straws.

I am using Logitech Z5500 (5.1) speakers on the card which uses 3 jack-connections. I've connected them using the representative colours on the card itself. You do not sound like an ass, not at all, when giving such solutions. I will try switching them.

Currently I'm not at home - will be within an hour or 5 - and I'll keep you all updated. I appreciate the effort you guys put into this.

Daniel K's drivers did it for me. I have now full sound allowing me to, finally, enjoy Logitech's capabilities.

Thank you to all helping me out.

• 1 year later...

I experienced total silence from my Creative Audigy Soundblaster 2 card after installing Windows 7 even though drivers were fully up to date.

SOLUTION: go to 'Control Panel'/ open 'Device Manager'/ open 'Sound, video and game controllers'. If your system includes any sound devices (eg on board sound chip) right click and choose disable option. This gives priority to the Soundblaster. On my Asus board the onboard sound was listed as 'High Definition Audio Device'. My problem solved with immediate effect.

I experienced total silence from my Creative Audigy Soundblaster 2 card after installing Windows 7 even though drivers were fully up to date.

SOLUTION: go to 'Control Panel'/ open 'Device Manager'/ open 'Sound, video and game controllers'. If your system includes any sound devices (eg on board sound chip) right click and choose disable option. This gives priority to the Soundblaster. On my Asus board the onboard sound was listed as 'High Definition Audio Device'. My problem solved with immediate effect.

No, what you should have done was disabled your onboard sound in the bios.

• Like 2

I am using the same sound card, and have for several years. Here is the update I have been using for the past year (updated 1 oct 2009) SBAXPCDRVBETA2_US_2_18_0011. Hope this helps I am using it presently with a HP Pavilion a4302f PC with an AMD Athon II X4 640 Processor, and Win 7 Ult. Good Luck.

kX Project's driver works with Windows 7... then again no one searched it nicely :whistle: (hope some of you heard of Eugene)

http://kxproject.com/down.php?language=en

At some point, these driver make audio sound way better then creative's drivers... Eugene also made OSX driver (though i admit i harassed him) then he came HERE where I look like "Oxtie" in nick. :whistle: (was a great time)

Bah, before someone goes further here is the updated link to driver

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/general-discussion/206609-3551-alpha-released.html