Super Bowl XLIV - Indianapolis Colts vs New Orleans Saints

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the Super Bowl?

• Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Too close to call

After 42 years, the Saints have finally earned their spot as the NFC Champs in the Super Bowl. I can't go against my home team, so I go with the Saints.

I like to pull a Lost and say that time has course corrected. Three years ago, the Saints were one game away from playing in the Super Bowl against the Colts in Miami. This year, they finally made it against the Colts and in Miami. I'm hoping for one heck of a game. WHO DAT!

That poll almost needs a 3rd option of "Too tough to call". It was a hell of a game tonight between the Saints and the Vikes. If only Favre had held on to the ball and scrambled at the end of the 4th instead of tossing that interception.

Manning is experienced and Brees has a ton of momentum on his side. Personally, I hope the Saints win. But I'm a fan of Manning as well, so a part of me would be happy to see him win it as well.

I am a giants fan so both teams arent fave of mine . I like peyton because hes eli mannings brother and seems like good guy but also i would love to see the saints win for the first time.

So honestly i dont care who wins.

**** the Saints. :angry: Made Favre lose today and maybe lose his last chance to get to the Super Bowl.

Go colts!

Favre lost on his own today with that boneheaded move in the fourth. 10-15 yards of open field and he threw????

Vikings dominated in yardage, Saints got lucky. Colts will win come the super bowl.

It is going to be a good game... Both Colts & Saints have good offense... I think the defense is going to decide... :)

Favre lost on his own today with that boneheaded move in the fourth. 10-15 yards of open field and he threw????

Vikings dominated in yardage, Saints got lucky. Colts will win come the super bowl.

It was a poor call on his part, but it's not his fault he was in that position to begin with. His team was complete trash when it came to holding onto the ball.

-Spenser

It was a poor call on his part, but it's not his fault he was in that position to begin with. His team was complete trash when it came to holding onto the ball.

-Spenser

That's for sure. Six fumbles (three lost) and two interceptions. The Saints are very fortunate to have come away with the win after only converting 3 of 11 third downs (a pathetic statistic even for a poor offense, much less the #1 offense in the league, something I couldn't stop yelling about all night). There were some terrible penalties called against the Saints too that didn't help, and I'm not so sure the pass interference call in OT was right, but it is what it is, you can't hang onto those unfortunate calls.

In case you didn't notice, he was nursing his leg. Asking him to run the ball is the last thing you want when he is already bruised up.

I still think that the pass interference call at the end was BS as the ball was really over thrown, but oh well. I agree with the pre-game people. Whoever the Colts would have played, they would/will win.

Yeah...he was going to run when he was hurt and **** himself up more before the SB.

-Spenser

We didn't hold the football good. :no: WAY to many fumbles. If it were not for those we had the game.

I voted for a Colts win and a Vikings win today. Unfortunately, the Vikings were their own enemy. There was no excuse for those fumbles. Adrian Peterson was a bit too eager to run with the ball. He may be a very strong, fast, and talented running back but he has some maturing to do. I feel bad that Favre is going out like this. He played his heart out, through an injury and exhaustion. He did throw interceptions, but when you are getting knocked down every single play and have little to no pass protection, you would be mistake prone as well. Anyways, I do not have anything against the Saints and totally hope they beat the Colts.

It will be a good game. Go Saints!

In case you didn't notice, he was nursing his leg. Asking him to run the ball is the last thing you want when he is already bruised up.

I actually didn't notice that. I literally caught the last few minutes of the game as I got home. After reading how many turnovers and how many missed chances the Vikings had, yes, Favre was not completely to blame. However, if he were already bruised up, what was one more bruise to gain five yards? He would have had two weeks to nurse said bruises anyways. Either way you look at it, the Saints were handed the game many times over.

His final interception may have been the nail in his career....

...unless of course, he pulls another Randy Couture and returns yet again (which will probably happen).

The Colts are going to do it again for sure.. Peyton Manning will bring his 'A-Game' and there will be no stopping them once the rhythm is set into motion. I just hope it won't be a huge blow-out since it's the Super Bowl ..

Apparently Favre continued playing despite a suspected broken ankle. That probably explains why he threw rather than scrambling for the extra yards to secure field goal position. However, it doesn't explain why he threw back across his body into the middle of the field amongst all of those bodies. Rookie mistake from an absolute legend.

I'll take the Colts, purely because Manning has done this all before. It'll be a great game either way.