* Heavyweight Bout: Mirko Filipović vs. Ben Rothwell

Preliminary Card

* Light Heavyweight bout: Elvis Sinosic vs. Chris Haseman

* Light Heavyweight Bout: Stephan Bonnar vs. Krzysztof Soszynski

* Welterweight Bout: Chris Lytle vs. Brian Foster

* Middleweight Bout: C.B. Dollaway vs. Goran Reljic

* Light Heavyweight Bout: James Te-Huna vs. Igor Pokrajac

---

looking forward to seeing Bisping vs Silva and I am surprised to see CroCop again!

• 2 weeks later...

good event..

Wanderlei looked perfect for 185lbs, it was a close fight but the last 10 seconds of the fight made the difference.

Sotoropolis is very well rounded, and although I like Joe Stevenson, he's too one dimensional.

Cain.. just WOW. This dude is so confident, and so powerful, he is gonna be a force in the HW division.

Lytle, beautiful jujitsu.

Bader, I knew he had power, but I really thought Jardine had the upper hand, was surprised by this fight.

Crocop surprised me, and Bisping was robbed. Again they put retarded judges to decide the outcome of a fight. Bisping was more aggressive, had like 6 takedowns whereas Silva had zero. I was expecting Bisping's hand to be held up, but alas, another botched conclusion to a UFC fight.

Bisping was good though, on the rare occasion that Silva hit him with a clean punch, he kept his composure. I was expecting more from Silva.

Crocop surprised me, and Bisping was robbed. Again they put retarded judges to decide the outcome of a fight. Bisping was more aggressive, had like 6 takedowns whereas Silva had zero. I was expecting Bisping's hand to be held up, but alas, another botched conclusion to a UFC fight.

Bisping was good though, on the rare occasion that Silva hit him with a clean punch, he kept his composure. I was expecting more from Silva.

Yeah I wonder what else in UFC Crocop can do, put him in the HW mix?

OMG are you serious? It was close, but not close enough to actually think Bisping won. Not sure which fight you were watching and/or if you've read the fight stats, but here you go. I was very pleased with Silva's performance, he was patient which is something new for him and he didn't really get hurt.

wandy-bisping-compu.jpg

They'll have to. Although if he fails now, it'll probably be bye-bye for him.

I want to see Crocop v Couture.

Can't see it happening, Couture has made it clear he's happy fighting in LHW. I was unimpressed with Crocop as usual, wasn't anything special, so he beat up a guy who has never won a UFC fight, congrats. I think Rothwell may have beaten him tbh.

I was very pleased with Silva's performance, he was patient which is something new for him and he didn't really get hurt.

Silva was a pussycat compared to his last fights.

If anything, Bisping was the far more improved fighter from before.

Silva was a pussycat compared to his last fights.

If anything, Bisping was the far more improved fighter from before.

Just because Silva wasn't as aggressive as he has been in the past doesn't mean he didn't perform. SO he was aggressive versus chuck liddell and rich franklin, well guess what he lost those fights, so I guess it wasn't working for him. He trained with a new camp, some new coaches and it paid off, he was patient and according to the fight stats, he clearly did a better job then bisping.

Bisping "is" improving, however as we've seen in the Henderson fight, he doesn't really "belong" with the big guys yet IMO.

I think Rothwell may have beaten him tbh.

looks like it will still happen!

Ben Rothwell remains in Australia as he recovers from an illness that forced his withdrawal from a UFC 110 main-card bout this past weekend in Sydney.

Duke Roufus, owner of the Milwaukee, Wis.-based Duke Roufus MMA and one of Rothwell's chief trainers, today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that his fighter was diagnosed with a case of "traveler's flu" that made him unable to fight Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic in the opening bout on the Feb. 20 pay-per-view card.

However, Roufus remains optimistic that Rothwell (30-7 MMA, 0-1 UFC) will get his shot at "Cro Cop" (26-7-2 MMA, 3-3 UFC) and hopes that UFC 115, the promotion's first trip to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, will play host.

Roufus said Rothwell suffered from severe digestive problems not long after he arrived in Sydney.

"It was a really bad virus," Roufus said. "He got really sick and lost a lot of weight and hadn't eaten for 48 hours."

Rothwell twice went to a local doctor, who ruled it was not a food-borne illness. Just two days before UFC 110, UFC officials pulled the plug on the bout when it became clear Rothwell was in no condition to fight. (Filipovic instead fought ? and defeated ? late replacement Anthony Perosh.)

"He was still pretty crappy when I left," Roufus said.

According to Dr. Johnny Benjamin, MMAjunkie.com's medical consultant, Rothwell's illness could have been acquired on his trip to Australia.

"[Traveler's flu] may be a lay term for an upper respiratory tract infection that a person acquires while traveling commonly in confined spaces like airplanes," he said via email on Monday.

If there is a silver lining to the situation it's that the UFC isn't scrapping the bout. In a post-UFC 110 press conference, UFC president Dana White acknowledged Rothwell had been suffering from stomach flu and plans to rebook the fight at a later date.

"Hopefully we can make this fight quick and put this one together soon," White said.

Roufus said that while most of the upcoming UFC fight cards are filled, UFC 115, which is set for June 12 at GM Place, is something the Rothwell camp is open to.

"There will be time to get ready by then," he said.

After an eight-year career outside the UFC, Rothwell made his octagon debut this past October at UFC 104 and lost by TKO to breakout star Cain Velasquez.

JBisping "is" improving, however as we've seen in the Henderson fight, he doesn't really "belong" with the big guys yet IMO.

Oh definitely. It wasn't him that lost split decision to Evans either.

Oh definitely. It wasn't him that lost split decision to Evans either.

keyword being "LOST". Bisping is good, but he's not good enough to swim with the big boys yet imo.

the fight was completely even until the end flurry by silva which won it for him. Im glad bisping lost, he's ****ing over rated and he's really not that good.l Silva winning was great, definitely good to see a legend and such a nice guy do well. Loves performing for the fans.

Valesquez knockout was HUGE. watching it on the ferry and i actuallly yelled WOW when it happened becuase it was unexpected and then people were looking at me funny.

Badder fought really well, good for him, deserved the win for sure.

the fight was completely even until the end flurry by silva which won it for him. Im glad bisping lost, he's ****ing over rated and he's really not that good.l Silva winning was great, definitely good to see a legend and such a nice guy do well. Loves performing for the fans.

Valesquez knockout was HUGE. watching it on the ferry and i actuallly yelled WOW when it happened becuase it was unexpected and then people were looking at me funny.

Badder fought really well, good for him, deserved the win for sure.

I agree, the fight appeared pretty even for the most part (although the fight stats show silva definitely had the advantage) it's a fighter that's willing to give it everything in that last 10 seconds that separates fighters like Silva, from the amateurs like bisping. You get fighters like this that hear the clicking of the 10 seconds left alert and just go for broke, then you'll get fighters that just want to weather the storm until it's over. This was a clear indication for me that Bisping doesn't belong with the likes of silva or henderson, yet.

Cain's KO was amazing. But you have to watch it again on repeat in slow motion to really grasp just how fast Valesquez is. It's remarkable how quick he is.

I was impressed by Bader as well, I think in a few years he'll be a big name.