[pics] I damaged my car and now I need to sell it

Hey everyone, I have this phone pole going through the parking spot right next to mine and I skidded on the ice and hit it a month ago:

NIhCz.jpg

Anyways, this is what the car looks like now:

DPaKf.jpg

K6Xep.jpg

From far away it's not very recognizable:

OEGwo.jpg

Should I mention that the front bumper is cracked in my ad? Should I offer an explanation? It's only cosmetic damage...if I don't mention it, will they be ****ed if they come and find out?

or if the rest of the engine is fine (ie rad and what not) then absorb the cost of a new bumper buy it from the dealer and install it yourself and sell it ... if not a cracked bumper will devalue the car by more than 20%

Is that oil on the floor anything to do with you?

I'd mention it, you're not going to get away with them not noticing and people will have a wasted journey and will not be happy.

doesn't look like oil to me, looks like melted snow from the heat of the engine

Well look in to how much the bumper will cost to replace - you might save money overall versus just devaluing the car. Also, you should wash the car and provide pictures from every angle, not hiding anything - everyone likes detailed description and everyone hates a negative surprise, so that alone could devalue the car further.

And if its just cosmetic damage perhaps the dealer or a shop could just re-paint the bumper for you.

if the person who goes to buy it and they get it inspected by a mechanic and you fail to say there was damage you are liable

lol what are you talking about? I'm not liable for anything. If they decide to buy then get it checked and find a problem, not my fault. They can ask me to do an inspection for them that they would pay for before buying the car...but other than that, private sellers are not "liable" for anything.

How do I word it?

"Small crack on front bumper, only cosmetic damage"

Or how? Should I include a picture of the crack?

Front bumper slightly damaged on left side

Front bumper slightly damaged on left side

lol....slightly?...actually that whole bumper needs to be replaced. Having a scratch is one thing but its cracked. Just mention it in the ad and then subtract the cost from the price. (doesn't have to be a new replacement...but the cost of a used bumper from a salvage yard)

dpakf.jpg

+1 For the absorb the cost and look for a new and old one before you sell it, even though it didn't affect the engine, it just speaks bad about the car :)