Setting up QoS with a dlink router

So recently someone in my house has been using limewire and its been raping my connection, so I wanna setup QoS for obvious reasons. But I have no idea where to start with this router, So if someone could help me out that'd be awesome. I've got a screen shot of the QoS Engine page in my router so if someone could help me figure out how to set this up I'd be really greatful lol.

abc-3.jpg

Thanks in advanced.

All you have to do is go into the DHCP area and get that person's MAC address for their PC (the name will say beside it too) and then come back to this screen. Put in their MAC address and set their priority to LOW and everyone else will be set to normal (by default) so whenever they are downloading, if you request some data from the web it will slow them down to give bandwidth to you.

This is how it's supposed to work however, not all routers properly support QoS and therefore you might not see much of a difference. I would also say check out DD-WRT but if you can't figure out the standard Dlink setup, then it might be a bit too complicated. DD-WRT has more advanced features for such things but DLinks setup is definitely not bad, good compared to Netgear or so.

can only use QoS on the upstream and not the downstream

Exactly right.

I think what the OP might need more accurately is Traffic Shaping which isn't supported by the stock D-Link firmware. I would recommend you try to find out if the problem you're having is being caused by uplink saturation or downlink saturation. If it is from uplink saturation you can try using QoS to control it, but as I said earlier the downlink can only be controlled with a Traffic Shaping tool.

You could also blocks ports and/or disable UPnP in an attempt to restrict his/her ability to utilize LimeWire as well.

I see an Application rules page on there can you post up a pic of that page you might be able to do something in there to block it or maybe even the firewall rules page and completly block limewire from the network

?I see an Application rules page on there can you post up a pic of that page you might be able to do something in there to block it or maybe even the firewall rules page and completly block limewire from the network ?

On my DIR-655 the Applications Rules is pretty much a simplified Port Triggering setup.