Putting together home theater

Saw this on another site that might be helpful. The AR 205VC is apparently the factory matched center model.

HT AR303s

Ya know, I keep forgetting Klipsch is no longer a big box speaker manufacture anymore :p

I know right. :)

Master Shake, sorry to hear about your situation, but do take heart!

Apparently I'm light years behind in terms of the always evolving HT tech scene. Yes, modern AVR's do come equipped with 3-D capable tech, and apparently real cheap to.

Pioneer VSX-820-K Audio Video Receiver

Cost: 299.00 via Amazon.com

* "Works with iPhone" certification and front USB connectivity (cable included) provide iPod, touch, and iPhone users the ultimate plug-and-play integration of their Apple products with their home theater

* Simple connectivity of high-performance HD video, HD audio, portable, internet, wireless, and analog components makes this Pioneer receiver the ultimate A/V control center

* The latest version of HDMI inputs and outputs provide more HD connectivity options with "future-proof" 3-D capability

* 1080p video conversion and upscaling ensures the highest quality video from any source--even "legacy" analog and lower-resolution digital video sources

* High-Power Discrete Transistor (HPDT) multi-channel amplifiers and proprietary Pioneer room calibration technology combine to ensure best-in-class home theater and music reproduction in any home

Coupled with a Klipsch's HD Theater 300/500 as Dashel wisely pointed out, you could have a great lil system for cheap. If your looking to step up a bit, within the Klipsch speaker lineup, the Synergy Quintets (II/III) may be considered "better" audio quality and build wise. They are a Best Buy exclusive brand, and as such are frowned upon by the die hard enthusiasts. So you could look through Craigslist, Audiogon or even eBay for some fantastic deals. No warranty though; Klipsch doesn't honor the concept of transferable warranties. Few ideas.

Goji, that Pioneer reciever is very tempting for $299. One thing though. I can't find whether it supports Dolby Digital or not, the fact that it supports other new formats makes me think it probably does. It comes out in April and I'm interested to see what else they have in the upcoming lineup. If I you can get that for $299 I wonder what one of their $499 receivers would look like.

I just want something good to go with my Samsung c9000 I'm getting when it comes out. I'm going to marry it and have children.

Goji, that Pioneer reciever is very tempting for $299. One thing though. I can't find whether it supports Dolby Digital or not, the fact that it supports other new formats makes me think it probably does. It comes out in April and I'm interested to see what else they have in the upcoming lineup. If I you can get that for $299 I wonder what one of their $499 receivers would look like.

I just want something good to go with my Samsung c9000 I'm getting when it comes out. I'm going to marry it and have children.

Probably a bigger and beefier amp. More expensive non digital amps come with toroidal transformers which are small electronic processors that reprocess the electric current pre consumption, much like the large trash can looking containers on electric polls outside your house.

Not only are they big, but they are heavy! That used to be the layman's litmus test for testing if an amp/avr was any good. It's not really the same anymore because of the new bells and electronic whistles, though a well built amp will last forever, providing you don't suffer from a direct lightning strike.

And what you do with your electronics is your business. Don't ask don't tell. :p