Youtube doesn't work for no reason

I am working on fixing some stuff for a friend of mine. One is that Youtube doesn't work. Javascript is enabled and Adobe Flash Player is installed and up to date. I tried three different browsers. Turned off the firewall. Added youtube to the trusted sites. uninstalled and reinstalled several times, no luck

The computer is running Windows XP. the browsers I tried were IE8, Firefox, and Chrome. Has anybody had this problem or know what the problem is. Other video sites work just fine. It seems to be isolated as a problem with youtube.com.

Alex

How do you mean it wont work? What happens when you browse to it.

I heard that they are trying a selective viewing process based on Net Neutrality. You might just be one of the unlucky ones :rolleyes:

I uninstalled and reinstalled flash player.

I get the message from youtube saying that I need to download flashplayer or enable javascript.

Alex

java is not java script - you do not need to have java installed to use youtube. Are you suggesting that java has some effect on java script?

• 2 years later...

I know this threat was posted a long time ago but I have the EXACT same problem. Youtube isnt working, I reinstalled Adobe flashplayer and and tried adding the trusted sites and everything that you did. I uninstalled firefox and reinstalled it too. I also tried playing youtube on internet explorer but it isn't working. Video works on other sites but not youtube (which is the most important >< ).

Ontop of this I have an additional annoyance plaguing my computer. I downloaded babylon while trying to download something else. I tried deleting the add ons, and uninstalling the program and everything but it keeps coming back. I can't find it on the C: program files...etc-in other words, I read that I had to go into my program files and find the installed babylon folder but I can't find it. Furthermore-everytime I open a tab on my firefox browser, it keeps opening as babylon. It's driving me insane.

I'll be forever greatful for the awesome person who can get me out of these dillemmas as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Ash