Internet Speed

Yeah Aussie cable sucks.. and Telstra just started to enforce there 3gig limit a month.. thats a joke :(

100mb a day.. I do that on 56K often..

I'd prob go with Optus but still for the price I dont know if I would use it enough to consider it being worth the extra $50 a month I'd pay.

LOL

Originally posted by Winston

hey aco arent u with telstra?

how can u get fast speeds?

unless ur a uncapped one

There is a way my friend. ;)

And when it goes, it goes off! :) But I suppose it doesn't matter now with the 3GB cap, fast speeds are useless. :disappoin

ahh optus rules

first month unlimited downloads

second mth 19 gigs limit

unlimited speeds up to 1 megs a second

fu** that

telstra is gay as man

and i have experieced 10 problems during the month on a 10 day span rang them up launched a complaint

Hmm.. for anyone that dosnt understand, having 768 down dosnt mean you download at 768 kbps, you download at about 90 kbps.

I have 1.5 down, which means i download at 192 kbps max.

People that still use att@home can get speeds up to 900 kbps download, and oou has uncapped download still as well.

DSL.. you cant like pyscically go faster than 1.5 or somthing like that.

speed2.JPG

theres your test ACO :D

dunno how im gettin 281.. since it should be maxed at 192.. maybe i did math wrong.. =. whatver good thing for me :D.

reason i brought this all up is becasue ACO said that teslta or somthing was 512 down.. and then you said speeds max out at 800 kb/s.. dosnt work that way. .

LOL, the first test looks alot nicer for you. :)

Faction, you got half of it right. :D

KB = KiloByte

Kb (Kbps) = Kilobit

There are 8 bits in a Byte, therefore 512Kbps down = 64KB/s.

EDIT: Faction, If you look closely, I said that the Optus uncapped speed maxes out at around 800KB/s. :)

I was with Telstra ADSL before (512/128), but that 3 gig monthly limit is totally laughable. More, the service always down. I get out of Telstra and now on 56k and next year I will subscribe other broadband providers.

Arghhhhhh......I wanna go back to broadband!!! :(