'grub loading' message and nothing else. No other errors msgs

Hi All

I have a CLEVO laptop and it currently has Windows 7 installed. I now want to create a separate partition to install Ubunutu 9.10 64bit.

I attempted to install this and the install part worked fine but as soon as I rebooted all I seem to be getting after the BIOS is

'grub loading'. I get no other error messages and am stumped on what the problem is. I have looked at other threads on here and other forums and it seemed to say the problem could be with BIOS.

It also meant I couldnt load windows either but I fixed this by loading the windows cd, running repair and then fixing the MBR which another thread mentioned. Once this was done windows loading up ok.

I have checked nearly every setting and it has made no difference. Can anyone help?

I tried reinstalling 9.10 but came up with the same problem.

I am not sure what I did in Windows may have caused it. I have a 320gb drive and I shrunk it using disk management as I know the ubuntu will see this free space and install the OS onto it. Should I have left this and let 9.10 create some space automatically during install?

If anyone can advise what I am doing wrong it would be most appreciated.

Thanks

I had this problem the other day. I think it's something to do with the boot loader being installed on the wrong partition? I just re-installed Ubuntu and made sure the boot loader was installed on the Ubuntu partition. Was all fine then.

Sure someone will come along and correct me.